How to prevent MT4 GUI from getting frozen after Terminal pane tab switch

There are numerous tabs in the Terminal pane, most of which I never care what they actually mean. Actually I need only two, Trade and History.

But, when I click on some of those useless (for me) tabs by mistake, the MT4 Client Terminal freezes for 15 seconds or so. I would like to avoid such hazardous state, as many of my EAs and indicators are tick-based. And it plays on my nerves, too.

Any suggestion, how to avoid it? 

No such thing happen to me. Build 745.

DeepThought: There are numerous tabs in the Terminal pane
But, when I click on some of those useless (for me) tabs by mistake, the MT4 Client Terminal freezes for 15 seconds or so.
  1. Eight is hardly numerous.
  2. Sounds like paging to me - too many charts with too many bars. Try reducing Tools -> Options -> Charts -> Maximum Bars In Chart to something reasonable (like 5000) and restart the terminal.

WHRoeder:
  1. Eight is hardly numerous.
  2. Sounds like paging to me - too many charts with too many bars. Try reducing Tools -> Options -> Charts -> Maximum Bars In Chart to something reasonable (like 5000) and restart the terminal.

It is rather eleven than eight, if I can count.

It happens only once, perhaps it launches something in synchronized mode. It would be better if it could be disabled or start asynchronously.

Thank you for your suggestions. 

DeepThought: It is rather eleven than eight, if I can count.
I see Alerts, Mailbox, Market, Code Base, Experts, and Journal. You have history and trades (my term is currently disabled.)

WHRoeder:
DeepThought: It is rather eleven than eight, if I can count.
I see Alerts, Mailbox, Market, Code Base, Experts, and Journal. You have history and trades (my term is currently disabled.)

You can go to [windows users]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community . Delete or zip the files mql4.articles.en.dat, mql4.codebase.en.dat, and mql4.market.en.dat.

mql4.articles.en.dat,
mql4.codebase.en.dat, and 
mql4.market.en.dat.

Then create a new folder or blank txt files and rename it with the same file names.  Make sure it is read-only.  It will not get rid of the tabs, but it may speed things up a bit.  I'm using builds 719-745 and I'm surprised at how little memory the terminals take up.

I also use CleanMem to scrub the ram periodically when it gets above a certain threshold. 

I would also love to get rid of 'unneeded' tabs.  But with retail "free" trading platform, we are limited in customization.

DeepThought:

It is rather eleven than eight, if I can count.

It happens only once, perhaps it launches something in synchronized mode. It would be better if it could be disabled or start asynchronously.

Thank you for your suggestions. 

You can't avoid it except by not clicking. These tabs (Market, Signals...) don't do nothing UNLESS you click on it. If you click, then the feature is initialized (data are downloaded, etc...), this is why the first time you can get a freeze.
Reason: