Debugging on Terminal stops immediately

Hello, 

I'm still trying to debug my EA, by clicking on the "debug" green button on top of the metaeditor, in the log I see that it correctly builds and compile the EA and dependencies, but the debugging doesn't start, and the button remains green. 

in the log in the terminal I see the following:

2014.10.28 11:09:19.171 Expert myEA EURUSD,H1: removed

2014.10.28 11:09:19.077 myEA EURUSD,H1 inputs: InpAnchor=1; TradeStartTime=8:30; TradeStopTime=23:30; minMovement=40.0; TradingTimeFrame=60; Recency=20; equityRisk=0.01; 

2014.10.28 11:09:19.077 Expert myEA EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

It worked fine until yesterday, when suddenly started with this behavior, stopping and restarting didn't work.

any clues?

Is there something printed in the Journal tab of MetaEditor ?

angevoyageur:
Is there something printed in the Journal tab of MetaEditor ?

No, it's just empty 

1) have you placed either DebugBreak() or a break-points on the left side ion the editor? Other wise the debugger runs though and finishes and the button is green again - may be too fast for our eyes?

2) I realized that I-dunno-why the debug-button all of a sudden isn't green any more?

a) I told it to the service (no answer except send us screen shots)

b) If you save the file under a different name and compile it and then save it again under the original name the debug-button becomes green again.

Hello Gooly, 

thanks, I commented out all the code in my EA, tried to rename compile and rename it back, I tried even to debug a different EA (the default MACD example) same result. 

I'll try to reinstall the app.

There could be s.th. else!

If your EA (I guess) is running normally on a chart and you start to debug this EA mt4 gets into troubles. Make sure the this EA isn't running in any chart.

I have reinstalled MetaTrader, and the debugging stopped working again when I used my EA. there must be something in the EA that breaks it. ..

but once it's broken it remains broken. even on other EAs.

I'm not growing fond of MT4..  

Is there a zero-devide? Look up the expert and the journal tab, at the moment I don't know where it is printed?

There was no log in any tab mentioning errors. 

I've deinstalled the application and reinstalled it, then I have reorganized a bit the includes, (earlier I was using the default structure, now I placed all my files in a subdirectory of Experts) and it seems to be working..

I guess we'll never know what happened.  

Thanks for your help :)  

Reason: