Debugging EA not working

I following the article 

Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners

to debug the EA as what is stated in article : after I marked the breakpoint and press F5, there is no response.

what is wrong please ?

NgHweeEng:
I following the article 

Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners

to debug the EA as what is stated in article : after I marked the breakpoint and press F5, there is no response.

what is wrong please ?

Where did you place the breakpoint ?

angevoyageur:
Where did you place the breakpoint ?
I place the breakpoint inside the EA where originally is the line number.  The F5 is not green. Is that why is not working? 

NgHweeEng:
I place the breakpoint inside the EA where originally is the line number.  The F5 is not green. Is that why is not working? 
What is the full name of the file you are trying to debug ?

angevoyageur:
What is the full name of the file you are trying to debug ?

the file is located at C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\EA01.mq5

and file name is EA01.mq5 

NgHweeEng:

the file is located at C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\EA01.mq5

and file name is EA01.mq5 

Experts have to be saved in ...\MQL5\Experts folder and not directly into MQL5 folder.

angevoyageur:
Experts have to be saved in ...\MQL5\Experts folder and not directly into MQL5 folder.

I use MT4 and I am trying to use the debugger of the new 600 release. By the way, getting info of the new way we have to work with MT4 and the new Metaeditor is quite difficult. Where do I have to store the EA for debugging. It is in MQL4/Experts, but I place the breakpoints, I press the start debugging button that is in green colour, the screen flashes for a second, and everything remains the same... And in the toolbox I don't see any debugging button.

Thank you!

JdR9966:

I use MT4 and I am trying to use the debugger of the new 600 release. By the way, getting info of the new way we have to work with MT4 and the new Metaeditor is quite difficult. Where do I have to store the EA for debugging. It is in MQL4/Experts, but I place the breakpoints, I press the start debugging button that is in green colour, the screen flashes for a second, and everything remains the same... And in the toolbox I don't see any debugging button.

Thank you!

Do you read my reply ? I just wrote you where you have to place your EA :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Debugging EA not working

angevoyageur, 2014.02.25 08:53

angevoyageur:

Do you read my reply ? I just wrote you where you have to place your EA :

Yes, I did. And did you read my question? I don't have MQL5\Experts folder because I use MT4, and that's why I'm asking how it works in MQL4, because I store them in MQL4\Experts, and it doesn't work.

JdR9966:
Yes, I did. And did you read my question? I don't have MQL5\Experts folder because I use MT4, and that's why I'm asking how it works in MQL4, because I store them in MQL4\Experts, and it doesn't work.

No, I didn't realise you are not the OP.

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

angevoyageur:

No, I didn't realise you are not the OP.

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Thank you angevoyageur. I have place my EA in Expert and it is working now.

Reason: