Auto-update & auto-connect

Hello,

1) Is there any way to disable mt4 auto-update? I mean how can I trust an expert advisor, which can go crazy any day :) 

2) Is there any way to choose prefered datacenter manually? I mean auto connecting filter is a ping, my personal - minimal reconnects :)

Thanks in advance.

1) no only if you are not connected to the internet/broker.

2) I don't think so. The 'datacenter' provides you as well all the broker specific 'side-requirements' for trading: commision, swap, ... .

3) On the other hand I found after the last update that the terminal that was started by the 'updater' with the command-line option /skipupdate so in my case

I saw in the Task-Manager (show cmd-line order tap): "C:\...\terminal.exe" /portable /skipupdate.

But nobody knows what it does or not and the service desk hasn't answered yet :(

1) Interesting, have never see a program with force updater 

Yeahha:
1) Interesting, have never see a program with force updater 

Well, you can remove the updater called " ...... "

Lol. Forgot what it is called. XD

It might be worth exploring this (from a different, but related topic)

angevoyageur:

If you answered "No", your terminal was not updated.

Once a terminal is updated, all other terminals will be updated, as the update is saved on your computer. To avoid this you can remove the mt4clw folder in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall.

honest_knave:

It might be worth exploring this (from a different, but related topic)

Seems like a solution, so I just renamed the folder and create a file with the same name.

Thanks 

Reason: