MT4 blocked and uninstall impossible on windows 7

Hello,

My MT4 platform with a broker is blocked after the first MT4 window appears, no button can be used (like "files" etc.). There is no connection with the server and the memory of the PC is filled completely!

The support told me to uninstall MT4 and install it again, but Windows says that I have not a sufficient access to uninstal MT4!!! However, I am administrator of this computer, which has Windows 7 family edition installed. I also tried to use another account for administrator, but it did not work neither. So I cannot uninstal MT4. Should I try to delete all files? Or what else should be done? Thanks a lot for any answer!

Best regards, 

dr_forex.

Reinstall?

dr_forex:

Hello,

My MT4 platform with a broker is blocked after the first MT4 window appears, no button can be used (like "files" etc.). There is no connection with the server and the memory of the PC is filled completely!

The support told me to uninstall MT4 and install it again, but Windows says that I have not a sufficient access to uninstal MT4!!! However, I am administrator of this computer, which has Windows 7 family edition installed. I also tried to use another account for administrator, but it did not work neither. So I cannot uninstal MT4. Should I try to delete all files? Or what else should be done? Thanks a lot for any answer!

Best regards, 

dr_forex.

same with me but i deleted the whole folder of the broker in Program Files. before doing that first open the metaeditor of the broker platform. right click on any ea or indicator and choose Open Folder. a window will pop up and look at the address, looks something like C:\Users\Tsedawa\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\FB44AAF71905798D54F89C34E6B4A625\MQL4\Experts

remember this folder FB44AAF71905798D54F89C34E6B4A625 which belongs to the particular broker. now click on Terminal on the address bar and then you can delete the folder

FB44AAF71905798D54F89C34E6B4A625. close the metaeditor and the terminal of the broker. only then delete the whole folder in Program Files. go to control panel and try to uninstall the broker. its now only a shortcut which you can simply remove form the list. clean the registry if you can. empty the recycle. good luck

p.s  ther is also things to remove from virtual store. i will look into it.

ok i have it. i think. when you get to this address C:\Users\Tsedawa\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\FB44AAF71905798D54F89C34E6B4A625\MQL4\Experts

click on folder AppData. open Local, then open VirtualStore, here there are also folders with the name Program Files and Program Data(this is hidden folder- so go to folder options and check the show hidden folders button). open them and look for metaquotes and open it then look for the FB44AAF71905798D54F89C34E6B4A625(this is mine) of your broker. delete it and all that belongs to the broker.

good luck

Reason: