Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Write articles and earn money. We pay 200 USD for them!
Timerider
Timerider 2014.09.17 11:28 

Hey guys,

Ive got a little problem with my mql4 script. I wanted to detect the market for special candlestick patterns. So I wrote a code with a specific condition(1). To keep it easy and short, Ive declared period[x] with all the different timeframes and witha specific chart symbol(2). To check several symbols a time, i thaught that it would be clever to write a and b in one condition with &&. That would save a lot of time and I shouldnt write the whole condition for every symbol. But, as you can probably imagine: It didnt work. It always says: implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string'.

I hope for your help.

if(iClose(a && b,period[x],1)>iOpen(a && b,period[x],0)...
string a="NZDJPY";
string b="GBPUSD";
Amir Yacoby
Amir Yacoby 2014.09.17 12:50  
cant find the SRC button..
SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI
SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI 2014.09.17 12:55  
If you are trying to use an array like logic, you failed miserably. Write an array so that it would check the symbol correctly.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.09.17 13:50  
Timerider:

Hey guys,

Ive got a little problem with my mql4 script. I wanted to detect the market for special candlestick patterns. So I wrote a code with a specific condition(1). To keep it easy and short, Ive declared period[x] with all the different timeframes and witha specific chart symbol(2). To check several symbols a time, i thaught that it would be clever to write a and b in one condition with &&. That would save a lot of time and I shouldnt write the whole condition for every symbol. But, as you can probably imagine: It didnt work. It always says: implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string'.

I hope for your help.

What is the meaning of "NZDJPY" && "GBPUSD" ?

By the way : "a && b" give you a bool (true or false), but iClose and iOpen first parameter is a string.

whroeder1
whroeder1 2014.09.17 17:12  
amir_avatar: cant find the SRC button..

Don't paste code
Play video
Please edit your post.
For large amounts of code, attach it.
/
To add comments, please log in or register