MT4 fonts problem when using 4k monitor

Hello,

I have a problem with MT4 platform : I use Samsung 4k monitor resolution 3840x2160 and all the letters, symbols and numbers are too small.

So I have to double lower the resolution in order to get bigger fonts.

There is no resolution settings in MT4 options.

The MT4 platform also doesn't adjust when I changed font settings in OS Windows 8.1

Does anybody have a solution or give an advice how to use the highest resolution on monitor with proper or bigger fonts on MT4 platform?

Thanks.

tobyfx:

Hello,

I have a problem with MT4 platform : I use Samsung 4k monitor resolution 3840x2160 and all the letters, symbols and numbers are too small.

So I have to double lower the resolution in order to get bigger fonts.

There is no resolution settings in MT4 options.

The MT4 platform also doesn't adjust when I changed font settings in OS Windows 8.1

Does anybody have a solution or give an advice how to use the highest resolution on monitor with proper or bigger fonts on MT4 platform?

Thanks.

It's a common problem with many/most applications,  they are just not designed to work optimally with 4k monitors . . . same goes for Windows,  didn't you research this before you bought a 4k monitor ?

tobyfx:

You must reboot the PC after lowering the resolution in order for MT4 to detect the lower resolution. After the reboot, you will have the same look and font sizes in MT4 as if you had a non-4K monitor. 

If you just change the resolution to, say, 1920 x 1080, without rebooting, MT4 still thinks you are in 4K mode and will show the tiny fonts, even though the Windows desktop has changed to the lower resolution.

Eventually MT4 will need to support 4K displays, but this seems to be the best solution for now. 

Reason: