Problem Connecting MT4 Demo Account to Desktop, Tablet and Mobile

Hi

I have tried without any success to have the same demo account on my desktop, tablet and mobile. The desktop is running Win7 and the tablet and mobile are Android.

On the desktop when I try to open an account it doesn't give me the option to choose GBP as the currency so, that messes things up at the first hurdle.

If I setup an account on the tablet, the desktop version doesn't recognise it at all. Another odd thing is that the tablet version doesn't send out a confirmation email with the demo account details, if I didn't take a note of them it is impossible to get them back - which is really odd.

Has anyone else experienced this ? I am quite astonished at how unintuitive and difficult all of this is - maybe I am doing it wrong or there is a better way ??

Any help would be most appreciated.

N

Also, when I get an account setup on the desktop, the tablet Android version doesn't recognise the server !!

There must be an easier way of doing this ?

Anamorphic:

Hi

I have tried without any success to have the same demo account on my desktop, tablet and mobile. The desktop is running Win7 and the tablet and mobile are Android.

On the desktop when I try to open an account it doesn't give me the option to choose GBP as the currency so, that messes things up at the first hurdle.

If I setup an account on the tablet, the desktop version doesn't recognise it at all. Another odd thing is that the tablet version doesn't send out a confirmation email with the demo account details, if I didn't take a note of them it is impossible to get them back - which is really odd.

Has anyone else experienced this ? I am quite astonished at how unintuitive and difficult all of this is - maybe I am doing it wrong or there is a better way ??

Any help would be most appreciated.

N

You need a broker to open a demo account. Which one are you using ? Do you contact the help desk of this broker ?

I thought that if I created a demo account in MT4 that it would be transferable to other versions of MT4 on different platforms.

Anamorphic:
I thought that if I created a demo account in MT4 that it would be transferable to other versions of MT4 on different platforms.

Yes it is. But you have to configure these platform with the right settings.

If you subscribe a demo account to a broker, and the download available platforms from them it's more easy.

Reason: