Strategy Tester Giving Strange Results

I was using the strategy tester last year without difficulty. Now I can't seem to get it to work. It's a new installation and an upgrade to build 625. Bars just won't appear in the chart. And I indicate the spread should be 2 pips yet Mt4 claims the spread is 140 pips spread. What am I doing wrong? Please see the picture below.

-- Thanks

Strategy Traders Strangeness

That is the contract specification and is for information only. It has nothing to do with the the strategy tester's operation

You have the spread set to 2 points, not pips. You can see that the symbol has 5 digits so 2 pips will be entered as 20 points.

Thanks for clarifying the difference between points and pips. I have changed the spread to 30 but still my screen looks the same. A bar begins to draw and then it disappears, the time frame moves forward a few bars then the next one draws and disappears. Is it possible that my data history is just corrupt?

MisterDog:
Thanks for clarifying the difference between points and pips. I have changed the spread to 30 but still my screen looks the same. A bar begins to draw and then it disappears, the time frame moves forward a few bars then the next one draws and disappears. Is it possible that my data history is just corrupt?

Maybe you are confusing the tester.

You tell it to skip up to 19th April, which is a Saturday and the last data is from Friday 18th.

I'm surprised it does anything in visual mode

You have a good point about the skip to date. I assumed the skip to date would only be used if the skip two button was pressed. I have put in a reasonable date but that did not solve the problem.

Next I used the skip to button and it did produce some results. Notice on this one minute chart the date spans from February 1 -- November 9. Something's got to be broken here.

Note that I have changed the color scheme and layout from the original picture for legibility.

Reason: