Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Ask your broker to open the official channel. Thousands of traders will read the news!
Martin
Martin 2014.03.08 09:29 

hello,

since the update to MT4 build 6xx every EAs, historical data were moved to the new datafolder located on the system drive. my problem: i have not enough space on this drive for all the historical data i need for backtesting. i need to move them to another location. is that possible? or is there a workaround? the folders are the history and the tester folder in appdata/roaming...

hope you can help me.

thx

Ovo Cz
Ovo Cz 2014.03.08 09:58  

I use symbolic links frequently (only for NTFS drives).

Locate your history folder, move it to the other drive, and create a symbolic link in the original data folder :

- open the cmd window with admin rights, switch to the data dir, enter and run the command

mklink /j history "F:\YourNewDataFolder\history"
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.03.08 12:28  
mavier:

hello,

since the update to MT4 build 6xx every EAs, historical data were moved to the new datafolder located on the system drive. my problem: i have not enough space on this drive for all the historical data i need for backtesting. i need to move them to another location. is that possible? or is there a workaround? the folders are the history and the tester folder in appdata/roaming...

hope you can help me.

thx

Install your MT4 on an other drive and use the /portable switch. See https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1389#portablemode
/
To add comments, please log in or register