How to move the datafolder to another location? Or the hisrotical data

hello,

since the update to MT4 build 6xx every EAs, historical data were moved to the new datafolder located on the system drive. my problem: i have not enough space on this drive for all the historical data i need for backtesting. i need to move them to another location. is that possible? or is there a workaround? the folders are the history and the tester folder in appdata/roaming...

hope you can help me.

thx

I use symbolic links frequently (only for NTFS drives).

Locate your history folder, move it to the other drive, and create a symbolic link in the original data folder :

- open the cmd window with admin rights, switch to the data dir, enter and run the command

mklink /j history "F:\YourNewDataFolder\history"

mavier:

hello,

since the update to MT4 build 6xx every EAs, historical data were moved to the new datafolder located on the system drive. my problem: i have not enough space on this drive for all the historical data i need for backtesting. i need to move them to another location. is that possible? or is there a workaround? the folders are the history and the tester folder in appdata/roaming...

hope you can help me.

thx

Install your MT4 on an other drive and use the /portable switch. See https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1389#portablemode
Reason: