MT4 debug halt at start

Hi,

On MT4 build 600, 604 or 610 if I start to debug an indicator and press OK on the indicator's properties window (start window) the MT4 quites from the debugged program same as if I had pressed the stop button on the editor screen. MT4 does it only if the "Input data" tab is in foreground on the start window. If let's say the "Colors" tab is in foreground it continues the work well.

I have already reinstall the MT4 but it didn't help. This phenomenon appeares only on one of my PC I usually work, on other PC-s everything is good.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Gabor

From my experience, MT4 debugger is not yet stable in build 610.

You can report your problem to ServiceDesk (on mql5.com) if it's reproducible.

angevoyageur:

From my experience, MT4 debugger is not yet stable in build 610.

You can report your problem to ServiceDesk (on mql5.com) if it's reproducible.

The debugger has real problem with indicators, any breakpoint during OnInit() results in a crash currently.

I look forward to a link from the debugger to the tester so we can debug and test without being online and still get the results from testing - all in due course I expect.

Thank everybody the answers, they make me calm but not happy.

xennon:

I look forward to a link from the debugger to the tester so we can debug and test without being online and still get the results from testing - all in due course I expect.

I must say (because of my imperfect English) I don't understand exactly what you wrote. Would you explain me more detailed? Does it help me in the current problem? Or it means that we can debug an EA during the backtest? It would be exciting. How to do it? And what does it mean: "all in due course I expect"?

Thanks

Gabor

gszabo:

Thank everybody the answers, they make me calm but not happy.

I must say (because of my imperfect English) I don't understand exactly what you wrote. Would you explain me more detailed? Does it help me in the current problem? Or it means that we can debug an EA during the backtest? It would be exciting. How to do it? And what does it mean: "all in due course I expect"?

Thanks

Gabor

In any case the debugger won't work with the Strategy Tester, only with live chart/tick.

angevoyageur:
In any case the debugger won't work with the Strategy Tester, only with live chart/tick.
:-((
Reason: