Download MetaTrader 5

script stop working after updates

To add comments, please log in or register
Do you have questions on how to turn your idea into reality? Ask them on the Forum!
YellowCat
YellowCat 2014.02.21 16:04 

Hi, after the recent updates in mt4 one script I've been using for 2 years now doesn't work anymore. The script prints server time on charts and I used it to check by eyes if the price is updated to the current time, if server time on chart is not matching computer clock time then I know some disconnection occurred (I live in a place with bad connection). Can some one help me to understand what's wrong? Thanks

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                   ServerTime.mq4 |
//|                                      Copyright © 2005, komposter |
//|                                      mailto:komposterius@mail.ru |
#property copyright "Copyright © 2005, komposter"
#property link      "mailto:komposterius@mail.ru"

#property indicator_chart_window

extern color TextColor = Black;
//----

int init()
  {
                  ObjectCreate( "ServerTime", OBJ_LABEL, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0);
                  ObjectSet( "ServerTime", OBJPROP_CORNER, 0);
                  ObjectSet( "ServerTime", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 0);
                  ObjectSet( "ServerTime", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 12);
                  ObjectSetText(  "ServerTime", "", 12, "Arial", TextColor);
    return(0);
  }
//----
int deinit() 
  { 
    ObjectDelete("ServerTime"); 
    return(0); 
  }
//----
int start() 
  { 
    ObjectSetText("ServerTime", TimeToStr( CurTime(), TIME_SECONDS ), 12, "Arial", TextColor ); 
    return(0); 
  }

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2014.02.21 16:13  
yellowcat:

Hi, after the recent updates in mt4 one script I've been using for 2 years now doesn't work anymore. The script prints server time on charts and I used it to check by eyes if the price is updated to the current time, if server time on chart is not matching computer clock time then I know some disconnection occurred (I live in a place with bad connection). Can some one help me to understand what's wrong? Thanks

You didn't actually say what your issue/malfunction is ?

CurTime() has been Obsolete for a long time . . . you shouldn't be using it, see if changing it to TimeCurrent() helps . . .
whroeder1
whroeder1 2014.02.21 16:31  
"Doesn't work" is meaningless - just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires - meaningless. There are no mind readers here.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.21 16:46  
yellowcat:

What is the background color of your chart ?
To add comments, please log in or register