mt4 b600 on Win7: how to discard ...\AppData\Roaming\...?

Hi,

is there a chance to tell mt4 b600(+) not to use ...\AppData\Roaming\... for indis, scripts,...?

I want to eliminate the use of this: C:\Users\cas\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A906EB93F9C6A030A98883A99CCDB83A\MQL4

and to have only the inst.-folder which is of course not a sub-folder of C:\Program Files (x86)!).

By the use of Link-Shell-Extension-Links I want to have then single indis.-, script.-,.. -folders for more than one installations.

As this might interest others too if s.o. has (another) solution please be so nice to share your organization solution for b600+ which will differ from the b500 one.

Thanks in advance,

Gooly

Hi

As far as I know, you will need to use the /portable parameter to ensure data is stored in your installation MT4 directory and not under ...\AppData\Roaming\ (like in MT5).

Just create a shortcut using this flag. For example:

C:\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe" /portable

gooly:

Hi,

is there a chance to tell mt4 b600(+) not to use ...\AppData\Roaming\... for indis, scripts,...?

I want to eliminate the use of this: C:\Users\cas\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A906EB93F9C6A030A98883A99CCDB83A\MQL4

and to have only the inst.-folder which is of course not a sub-folder of C:\Program Files (x86)!).

By the use of Link-Shell-Extension-Links I want to have then single indis.-, script.-,.. -folders for more than one installations.

As this might interest others too if s.o. has (another) solution please be so nice to share your organization solution for b600+ which will differ from the b500 one.

Thanks in advance,

Gooly

Can I ask why ? You can simply add a shortcut in your Favorites.

What do you thing ?

Reason: