2 EAs on 2 chart with 2 different TF belonging to the same pair ?

Hi , I want to apply ALFA.mql EA on GBPUSD M1 chart , BRAVO.mql EA on GBPUSD M30 chart , and no EA on the GBPUSD  M5, M15, etc...

Can anyone explain me how can I do that?

TIA ! 

mizantropul:

Hi , I want to apply ALFA.mql EA on GBPUSD M1 chart , BRAVO.mql EA on GBPUSD M30 chart , and no EA on the GBPUSD  M5, M15, etc...

TIA ! 

You have to use the magic number in your EA, or choose EAs that handle this magic. See these articles The Optimal Method for Calculation of Total Position Volume by Specified Magic Number and The Use of ORDER_MAGIC for Trading with Different Expert Advisors on a Single Instrument.

Alternatively you can use 2 different accounts or find a broker who provide several name for the same pairs.

mizantropul:

TIA ! 

simply have two charts for the symbol open ie: M1 and M5  and apply the EAs accordingly.

The issue will come in that MT5 has a single position so those EA's will need to be able to handle that otherwise they will get muddled up and potentially opening/closing wrong.

There are a number of articles about on how to manage virtual positions  in MT5 do a search.

regards

angevoyageur:

You have to use the magic number in your EA, or choose EAs that handle this magic. See these articles The Optimal Method for Calculation of Total Position Volume by Specified Magic Number and The Use of ORDER_MAGIC for Trading with Different Expert Advisors on a Single Instrument.

Alternatively you can use 2 different accounts or find a broker who provide several name for the same pairs.

Thank you ! Another question, please :  magic number "trick" works in MQL4 , too ?

mizantropul:

Thank you ! Another question, please :  magic number "trick" works in MQL4 , too ?

Yes, it's more easy with mql4. See mql4.com.
MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader
  • www.mql4.com
MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader
Reason: