Download MetaTrader 5

Need some help - Indicator disappears when adding another

To add comments, please log in or register
Do you have Linux? Find out how to install MetaTrader on it!
JimFX
JimFX 2014.02.08 06:57 

I have been with Oanda and using FXTrade platform for entering a trade, and MT4 just for analyzing the charts. So over the years I have not had to work with lot sizes due to the fact Oanda works with units - and I enter the exact amount of units for my position to equal 2% risk. However, now I am trying out a few ECN brokers that deal with lots and I am just trying to adjust. I found this indicator called "lot size calculator" which is very simple - just enter your stop loss and risk and it calculates the position size.

Lot Size Calc

I like it very much, but I would like multiple instances of it on the chart at once so I can see how many lots I need for a particular stop loss. For instance I would like to have it on the chart 3 times for SLs of 20, 50, and 80 pips so I can just instantly see how many lots I need. The issue is when I add another instance of the indicator it makes the first one disappear.

I have no experience with code, but I did some searching and could not come up with a fix. I even tried to add multiple stop losses all in on go using buffers, but could not get it to work. I did add X and Y co-ordinates to it, as well as unit conversion so I could compare it to Oanda for accuracy. Would someone be kind enough to either just make it so it won't disappear after adding it a second time, or add multiple inputs for stop losses so the indicator just has to be added once on the chart. Any help appreciated!

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                                  |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#property indicator_chart_window

extern double RiskPercent = 2;
extern double StopLoss    = 30;
extern int xDistance=10;
extern int yDistance=20;

//
//
//
//
//

int init()   { 

ObjectCreate("Lot Size Calc", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0);

ObjectSet("Lot Size Calc", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, xDistance);
   ObjectSet("Lot Size Calc", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, yDistance);

return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }
int start()  
{
   double pipValue = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE); if (Digits==3 || Digits==5) pipValue *= 10;
   double step     = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP);
      int norm     = 0;
            if (step==1)    norm = 0;
            if (step==0.1)  norm = 1;
            if (step==0.01) norm = 2;
   double minLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT);
   double maxLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT);
   double units  = (AccountBalance()*(RiskPercent)/(StopLoss*pipValue))*1000;
   double lots   = AccountBalance()*(RiskPercent/100.0)/(StopLoss*pipValue);
          lots   = NormalizeDouble(lots,norm);

//
          //
          //
          //
          //

double actualRisk; 
          string comment =DoubleToStr(StopLoss,0)+"SL - "+DoubleToStr(RiskPercent,0)+"% Risk - "+DoubleToStr(units,0)+"Units - "+DoubleToStr(lots,norm)+"Lots";
          ObjectSetText("Lot Size Calc",comment, 9, "Arial", White);

return(0);
}
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2014.02.08 09:46  
Jimfx:

I have been with Oanda and using FXTrade platform for entering a trade, and MT4 just for analyzing the charts. So over the years I have not had to work with lot sizes due to the fact Oanda works with units - and I enter the exact amount of units for my position to equal 2% risk. However, now I am trying out a few ECN brokers that deal with lots and I am just trying to adjust. I found this indicator called "lot size calculator" which is very simple - just enter your stop loss and risk and it calculates the position size.

I like it very much, but I would like multiple instances of it on the chart at once so I can see how many lots I need for a particular stop loss. For instance I would like to have it on the chart 3 times for SLs of 20, 50, and 80 pips so I can just instantly see how many lots I need. The issue is when I add another instance of the indicator it makes the first one disappear.

I have no experience with code, but I did some searching and could not come up with a fix. I even tried to add multiple stop losses all in on go using buffers, but could not get it to work. I did add X and Y co-ordinates to it, as well as unit conversion so I could compare it to Oanda for accuracy. Would someone be kind enough to either just make it so it won't disappear after adding it a second time, or add multiple inputs for stop losses so the indicator just has to be added once on the chart. Any help appreciated!

It creates a line with a fixed name, so the second instance will try to do the same thing . . . you need to edit the code to add value to distinguish the instances from each other and add this value to the Object names.
To add comments, please log in or register