Problem with strings/StringConcatenate() in v600/v602 ? - page 2

gchrmt4:

...May not apply to you, but there's independent confirmation that it's affecting other people: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149343

For absolute clarity, the steps to reproduce on all my test machines are as follows:

* Shut down all charts (because other EAs and indicators can potentially seed MT4's memory handling and mask the problem).

* Shut down MT4

* Restart MT4

* Open a chart

* Run the script

gchrmt4:

See above: "Other methods of combining strings seem to make no difference"

Same results in v603.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm merely trying to help.

I'm not as smart as you and think in simple terms.

If I have a problem with 1-thing, I deal with that 1-thing and not jump around or over-complicate it.

I will turn my expert into a script ... reset all charts ... and run it ... and see what happens.

Should it give the same results as my prints above. You have to ask yourself some simple questions.

***And here are the results

13:20:08 Script TestingC EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully
13:20:08 TestingC EURUSD,M1: initialized
13:20:08 TestingC EURUSD,M1: strData=AAAAAAAAAA
13:20:08 TestingC EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 0
13:20:08 Script TestingC EURUSD,M1: removed

Why do you think mines differ from yours?

Try running this code below .. lets see if StringCon gives different results.

string TestConcatenation()
{
   //string strTemplate;
   //StringInit(strTemplate, 1000, 65);

string strData = "";
   for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
      strData = StringConcatenate(strData, "A");
   return strData;
}

void OnStart()
{
   string strData = TestConcatenation();
   Print("strData=",strData);
}

ubzen:

13:20:08 TestingC EURUSD,M1: strData=AAAAAAAAAA

Why do you think mines differ from yours?

Try running this code below .. lets see if StringCon gives different results.

The original script should create a string which is 10 000 characters long (1000 x 10 concatenations). It's roughly simulating the sort of data involved in downloading a web page - the starting point for this topic.

On first run, I get a string which is just totally corrupt. I can't be sure whether you are not getting the same problem at all, or whether what you are posting means that you are getting a truncated - and equally incorrect - string.

(I've checked that it's not an issue with long values in Print() by writing the return value to a file. And the post from MrLong, who's doing something fairly different, confirms that there's some sort of general problem here.)

gchrmt4:

The original script should create a string which is 10 000 characters long (1000 x 10 concatenations). It's roughly simulating the sort of data involved in downloading a web page - the starting point for this topic.

On first run, I get a string which is just totally corrupt. I can't be sure whether you are not getting the same problem at all, or whether what you are posting means that you are getting a truncated - and equally incorrect - string.

(I've checked that it's not an issue with long values in Print() by writing the return value to a file. And the post from MrLong, who's doing something fairly different, confirms that there's some sort of general problem here.)

MrLong Wrote:

MrLong 2014.02.05 22:05

if (StringFind(IgnorePair,TempSymbol, 0) < 0) <=== any reason this line no longer works?

Does he also contact technical-support and say "my computer doesn't work"?

I agree with WHRoeder and RaptorUK. If someone wants help, they should respond to simple questions.

ubzen:

Does he also contact technical-support and say "my computer doesn't work"?

I agree with WHRoeder and RaptorUK. If someone wants help, they should respond to simple questions.

The registration date on his profile pre-dates yours, mine, the moderators etc. If someone who's been registered for 6 years, but has no posting history, suddenly pipes up with a question then there's a good chance that something molto-bizarro is happening. He must have been doing something right in the past if he's still using MT4 after 6 years. It's not wise to assume that someone with these characteristics is an unhelpful idiot.

gchrmt4: The registration date on his profile pre-dates yours, mine, the moderators etc. If someone who's been registered for 6 years, but has no posting history, suddenly pipes up with a question then there's a good chance that something molto-bizarro is happening. He must have been doing something right in the past if he's still using MT4 after 6 years. It's not wise to assume that someone with these characteristics is an unhelpful idiot.
  • You're off-topic. I'm not gonna scoop down to this level.
  • I'm done here. You may have the last words. Peace.

Can you guys provide a fix for the updated to v600 unicode of the GrabWeb function here? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149321/page2#905697

Code is posted for all to use in FFCal.mq4 with v600.

Thanks much

bennyHanna:

Can you guys provide a fix for the updated to v600 unicode of the GrabWeb function here? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149321/page2#905697

Thanks much

Please repost the code using the SRC button.
Reason: