A burning question regarding "Renaming Chart Windows"

Hello,

A couple of years ago I asked this same question (Not here) about renaming Chart Windows in MT4 and was told that it was not able to be done,.

Just recently I was given an Indicator and a Template from a trading group that I am with, which does just that.

The instruction that came with the setup said that I had to "Allow DLL imports" . (maybe a clue)

The process is to Open a new chart "any pair" and attache the Template as you will see in the pic that the name of the Chart Window has changed.

My question is how can I duplicate this so I can have a Chart Window open with the name of "News"

Renamed Chart Window

Cheers

Rod

Roddo:

Hello,

A couple of years ago I asked this same question (Not here) about renaming Chart Windows in MT4 and was told that it was not able to be done,.

Just recently I was given an Indicator and a Template from a trading group that I am with, which does just that.

The instruction that came with the setup said that I had to "Allow DLL imports" . (maybe a clue)

The process is to Open a new chart "any pair" and attache the Template as you will see in the pic that the name of the Chart Window has changed.

My question is how can I duplicate this so I can have a Chart Window open with the name of "News"

Cheers

Rod

I don't believe it.

I thought this forum was full of MQL4 gurus, it is not that it can not be done I just want to know how to do it.

Regards:

Rod

Roddo:

Please do not post your reply in the quote box . . .

It is probably done using a DLL call and that is not mql4 . . . why don't you ask the person that has already done it ?

Roddo: A couple of years ago I asked this same question (Not here) about renaming Chart Windows in MT4 and was told that it was not able to be done,.

Roddo: I don't believe it.

I thought this forum was full of MQL4 gurus, it is not that it can not be done I just want to know how to do it.

Regards:

Sorry..........

DLL are outside the scope of mql4 programming. Doesn't sound like you're a programmer therefore I'm not going to try explaining what DLL is. This would be like talking about an Advanced topic when you do-not even have mql4_programming down. Pop-up windows are something which is done through DLL which manipulates the Windows OS.

I'm afraid you'll have to master mql4 programming ... and learn another programming language which supports DLL. You could also try asking the Person who created these tools how they did it. Or you can make a request over at the Jobs Section and someone there will have the required skill set to create what you're looking for.

Sorry.......... Have a nice day.

Hi

Thank you for you reply

Sorry for disturbing you but you unknowingly answered my question... That wasn't so hard was it Plus I got the complementary kick in the ass. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down.

Cheers

Rod

Hi Roddo,

firstly, I do not speak English :)
Can You renaming Chart Windows?? :)
If you no => do you have this indicator yet?
No promises, but ... I'll try.

Reason: