Is risk diversification even possible in the forex market? - page 7

Alexandr Murzin:
It is not possible to increase the risks without increasing them.
Is there any way to minimise (increased) risks?

Дмитрий:

Right?

If you're asking me, I don't know how it works in forex.
If I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't have made the post.

Mike Kharkov:
But how can you trade 10 trades a day - if it is risky to hold all your positions at once in the forex market?

Why the risk per trade? It is more correct to operate with a maximum drawdown rather than a single trade.

Diversification can be done everywhere.

Комбинатор:

Why the risk per trade? It is more correct to operate with a maximum drawdown rather than a single trade.

Diversification can be done everywhere.

Who cares?
The essence of the question is how to obtain the same statistics while trading 10 tools simultaneously (e.g., at expiration of 100 trades), as if I traded them individually.
P.S. What ideas can you offer in terms of diversification?

Mike Kharkov:
Who cares?
The point of the question is how to get the same statistics while trading 10 instruments simultaneously (e.g. at the end of 100 trades), as if I traded them individually.
P.S. What ideas can you offer in terms of diversification?
You want to earn more without increasing the deposit by one strategy. There are no diversification options here, only increasing risk.

I believe that trading multiple instruments (with the same deposit load) compared to trading a single instrument reduces risk even when using a single strategy in trading. This is explained by the fact that maximum drawdown for each instrument occurs at different times. I checked on the history for the major major instruments using my Expert Advisor. The maximal drawdown (total drawdown) when trading several currencies is usually calculated as a geometric mean of the maximal drawdowns of separate currency pairs. It turns out that the total profit is simply summing up the profits of individual currency pairs, while the maximum drawdown is the geometric average. This increases the recovery factor when trading multiple currencies.

Alexandr Murzin:
You want to earn more without increasing your deposit with one strategy. There are no diversification options here, only increasing risk.
Where did you read that I want to earn more? )
I want to earn NOT less - for the same number of trades.
(For example 100 trades.)
Just narrow down 100 trades by a factor of time.
(By a factor of 10.)

Mike Kharkov:
Where did you read that I want to earn more? )
I want to earn NOT less - for the same number of trades.
(For example 100 trades.)
Just narrow down 100 trades in time.
(By a factor of 10.)
You make more per time unit. You do not increase risk by trading multiple currencies, unless you increase the load on your deposit.

khorosh:
I believe that trading multiple instruments (with the same deposit load) compared to trading a single instrument reduces risk even when using a single strategy in trading. This is explained by the fact that maximum drawdown for each instrument occurs at different times. I checked on the history for the major majors using my Expert Advisor. The maximal drawdown (total drawdown) when trading several currencies is usually calculated as a geometric mean of the maximal drawdowns of separate currency pairs. It turns out that the total profit is simply summing up the profits of individual currency pairs, while the maximum drawdown is the geometric average. Due to this, the recovery factor increases when trading multiple currencies.
Well, look here:
I gave an example with GBP/AUD (USD, JPY, NZD), where I was in 4 positions and was taken out of all 4 of them by the 1st move.
As for me - in this situation there is no way to reduce the risk.
So I charged GBP (in pairs related to it) with 4 times bigger lot than allowed.
Do you get my drift?

Mike Kharkov:
Look at this:
I gave an example with GBP/AUD(USD, JPY, NZD) where I was in 4 positions and I was taken out of all 4 by the 1st move.
As for me - in this situation there is no way to reduce the risk.
So I charged GBP (in pairs related to it) with 4 times bigger lot than allowed.
Do you follow me?
I will repeat it for the third time. You may not increase the load on the deposit.
Reason: