backtest and fxt-files some add. questions

Hi just a quick question

If I have created tickdata-files for backtesting I created fxt-files in ..\tester\history.

Does it work if I send s.o. just these fxt-files for him to do the same backtest.
(The results may differ due to another broker e.g.)

gooly

gooly:

Hi just a quick question

If I have created tickdata-files for backtesting I created fxt-files in ..\tester\history.

Does it work if I send s.o. just these fxt-files for him to do the same backtest.
(The results may differ due to another broker e.g.)

gooly

I had an issue that I never got to the bottom of . . . my suspicion was that I had created the .fxt using a MT4 Terminal connected to Broker A, saved the .fxt file and .hst files for future use and then when I tried to use them with a MT4 Terminal connected to Broker B I had problems.

You may want to try this scenario for yourself before giving the files to another person to see if it causes issues. Also, if you want to run Visual mode testing you will need to send the corresponding .hst files too.

ok, thanks!

gooly

Well,

please help me to understand the backtest-file-systematic.

I have:

a: tester ) ..mt4\tester\history\EURUSD1_0.fxt, ...

b: broker ) ..mt4\history\[broker]\EURUSD1.hst, ..

c: default ) ..mt4\history\default\EURUSD1.hst, ..

d: downloads ) ..mt4\history\downloads\EURUSD1.hst, ..

I created more than 20 pairs hist-files fxt & hst to backtest a multi-currency-EA which were deleted as soon as I start either the backtest or mt4 except the one on which the multi-currency is running.

1) In which folder do I have to use to place the hst.-files if I create the history my self:

a) ..mt4\history\[broker]\ of the broker I am logged in or b) ..mt4\history\default\ - what do I have to do that the tester gaps its quote from there?

to be continued - got a call..

Thanks so far gooly

gooly:

Well,

please help me to understand the backtest-file-systematic.

I have:

a: tester ) ..mt4\tester\history\EURUSD1_0.fxt, ...

b: broker ) ..mt4\history\[broker]\EURUSD1.hst, ..

c: default ) ..mt4\history\default\EURUSD1.hst, ..

d: downloads ) ..mt4\history\downloads\EURUSD1.hst, ..

I created more than 20 pairs hist-files fxt & hst to backtest a multi-currency-EA which were deleted as soon as I start either the backtest or mt4 except the one on which the multi-currency is running.

1) In which folder do I have to use to place the hst.-files if I create the history my self:

a) ..mt4\history\[broker]\ of the broker I am logged in or b) ..mt4\history\default\ - what do I have to do that the tester gaps its quote from there?

to be continued - got a call..

Thanks so far gooly

The .fxt file goes in ..mt4\tester\history\

The .hst files go in ..mt4\history\[broker]\ for the Broker you usually connect to.

Reason: