Why are my signals not showing unless i re add the currency pairs?

hi there

i am new to trading forex and MT4, my friend created the EA and it was working perfectly for me until i came across a few major issues

no signals had come for several weeks which i thought was odd because the charts were moving normally and i was sure that some signals should of been produced by then!

therefore i deleted the pairs i was using and re added them with the same EA ect.. then appeared signals from up to 2 weeks ago that wern't there previously.

i cant see why this is happening as the signals were coming live only a few weeks ago and my trades were being executed perfectly, now i'm worried that signals are there but unless i delete and re add the charts i wont have any trades automatically executed!

can anyone help, would be great as my Alpari live chat customer service agent wasn't overly helpful

regards

Anthony J Leonida

ant1579:

hi there

i am new to trading forex and MT4, my friend created the EA and it was working perfectly for me until i came across a few major issues

no signals had come for several weeks which i thought was odd because the charts were moving normally and i was sure that some signals should of been produced by then!

therefore i deleted the pairs i was using and re added them with the same EA ect.. then appeared signals from up to 2 weeks ago that wern't there previously.

i cant see why this is happening as the signals were coming live only a few weeks ago and my trades were being executed perfectly, now i'm worried that signals are there but unless i delete and re add the charts i wont have any trades automatically executed!

can anyone help, would be great as my Alpari live chat customer service agent wasn't overly helpful

If you don't have a chart open for the symbols you need data from they may not be updated with the more recent bars . . . the simplest solution is to keep open the symbols and timeframes that you need, not just the ones that you trade.

What did you person that coded the EA have to say about this issue ? ask him/her about checking for error 4066 . . .
Reason: