Invisible vHistory while applying VisualTestingTools

Dear all,

In order to see the trade history during backtest, I followed the instructions in https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1452 (the EA is downloaded from the attached file in this article, too). But I cannot see any history trades output during the backtest, and it seems that the vHistory subwindow disappeared after I initiated the EA tester(as shown in the attached picture below). What is wrong with me? Many thanks for your time and consideration.

where to see the trade history during backtest?

tzm:

Dear all,

I followed the instructions in https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1452 to see the trade list and the history trades of my EA. But I cannot see any history trades output during the backtest, and it seems that the vHistory subwindow disappeared after I initiated the EA tester(as shown in the attached picture). What is wrong with me? Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Why don't you simply click the Results tab ?

RaptorUK:
Why don't you simply click the Results tab ?

Dear Raptor,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I think It's partly because I am not sure about the meaning of the contents in the "Results" tab.
For example, in the attached image:
1) is the 1st column"#" represents the orderticket? Does it usually mean the NO. of the command?
2) Time column: is it the time that the trading order was sent?
3) Type column: 1)"sell" means the OP_SELL command was sent to the server?
or: does it mean that an ex-(OP_SELLSTOP) order changed to be an OP_SELL order?
3) s/l in Row 8: Does it mean the command in row1 is closed by StopLoss?

4) the column "Order": is it the associated order ticket in the first column?
5) In the Row "9": Does it mean this command relates to the row 2? But row 2 might be a orderModify command. ... But row 2 itself seems to mean that a OP_BUY command was issued at "2013.11.07 06:09". ......

7) Column "Price": is it the price when the order was submitted? or is it the OpenPrice parameter in the OrderSend command?

What If there is a document explaining the above problems!

the content in the result tab

tzm:

Dear Raptor,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I think It's partly because I am not sure about the meaning of the contents in the "Results" tab.
For example, in the attached image:
1) is the 1st column"#" represents the orderticket? Does it usually mean the NO. of the command?
It's the operation/action number . . . it is not the ticket number.

tzm:

2) Time column: is it the time that the trading order was sent?

It's the time of the operation/action, for example for number 4 it's the time of the modification of the Order. Number 1, 9 & 17 is the time when the Order was placed.

tzm:

3) Type column: 1)"sell" means the OP_SELL command was sent to the server?
or: does it mean that an ex-(OP_SELLSTOP) order changed to be an OP_SELL order?
Type means exactly that, just like OrderType(), OP_SELL, OP_BUY, OP_BUYSTOP, etc. for an OP_SELLSTOP you will see two entries, one for the time when the OP_SELLSTOP is placed and another when it becomes and OP_SELL.

tzm:

3) s/l in Row 8: Does it mean the command in row1 is closed by StopLoss?

Yes, correct, Order ticket 1 was closed as a result of it's Stop Loss.

tzm:

4) the column "Order": is it the associated order ticket in the first column?
Order is the ticket number . . .

tzm:

5) In the Row "9": Does it mean this command relates to the row 2? But row 2 might be a orderModify command. ... But row 2 itself seems to mean that a OP_BUY command was issued at "2013.11.07 06:09". ......

Row 9 is an OP_BUY (or earlier pending BUY activated into a OP_BUY), it is ticket number 2. There was another OP_BUY at 06:09, it is ticket number 3.

tzm:

7) Column "Price": is it the price when the order was submitted? or is it the OpenPrice parameter in the OrderSend command?

Price is the Open price for the Order, this cannot change for an OP_BU or OP_SELL but can for a pending order.

tzm:

What If there is a document explaining the above problems!if a document about strategy tester can be provided, I will be greatly grateful.

Did you look at the MT4 Terminal Help file ( in MT4 press F1 ) ?

RaptorUK:

It's the time of the operation/action, for example for number 4 it's the time of the modification of the Order. Number 1, 9 & 17 is the time when the Order was placed.

Type means exactly that, just like OrderType(), OP_SELL, OP_BUY, OP_BUYSTOP, etc. for an OP_SELLSTOP you will see two entries, one for the time when the OP_SELLSTOP is placed and another when it becomes and OP_SELL.

Row 9 is an OP_BUY (or earlier pending BUY activated into a OP_BUY), it is ticket number 2. There was another OP_BUY at 06:09, it is ticket number 3.

Price is the Open price for the Order, this cannot change for an OP_BU or OP_SELL but can for a pending order.

RaptorUK:

Dear RaptorUK,

Your reply and MT4 Help file that I just read do solved most of the uncertainties about strategy tester. Thank you so much!

Your Sincerely,

Tao Zemin.

Reason: