MT4 Indicator Won't Save Settings

Hello Community

Sorry if this is a double post but I couldn't find anything related by searching this huge forum.

Could anybody please tell me how to get an indicator save AND keep settings?

Quite frequently I encounter a problem related to indicators that do not keep the setting such as colors and other features once the chart is reloaded or reopened and they get back to the default settings.

That's quite annoying!

Thanks in advance for your help with that.

Indicators do not keep settings. Charts do. If you close the chart those settings are lost.

If you want a default chart save a template as default.tpl or tester.tpl

WHRoeder:

Indicators do not keep settings. Charts do. If you close the chart those settings are lost.

If you want a default chart save a template as default.tpl or tester.tpl

I have an Indicator that saves it's settings "maprofit.mq4" what part of the code would enable it to save.

Roddo:
I have an Indicator that saves it's settings "maprofit.mq4" what part of the code would enable it to save.
It uses Terminal Global Variables to save its settings. In that EA, the functions that manage them are "SendVars()", "GetVars()" and "DelVars()".

FMIC:
It uses Terminal Global Variables to save its settings. In that EA, the functions that manage them are "SendVars()", "GetVars()" and "DelVars()".

Thank you FMIC I am only starting my MQL4 journey and I have a long road ahead of me.

Regards

Rod 

Reason: