Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 4

SDC: I created two similar indicators in metaeditor 509 I put the ex4's in beta 556 and the Master called the slave and transfered the string parameter correctly to the slave but it was extemely slow, in MT4 509 it loaded in a split second, in MT4 beta 556 the blue circle went round and round for about 30 seconds..

Here are my two indicators if you want to test them.

Lol.... does a new built come out everyday? I'll go ahead and test this.

ubzen:
I'm attempting to report the bugs found within this thread to metaQuotes via my profile because thats the only page I have total control over. If anyone interested you can take a look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/ubzen.
You mean reported via the ServiceDesk ?

angevoyageur: You mean reported via the ServiceDesk ?

Yes... I test the bug and report to the Service Desk. Then I update my profile.

........... Corrections made on the previous post. Thank You.

ubzen:

Yes... I test the bug and report to the Service Desk. Then I update my profile.

........... Corrections made on the previous post. Thank You.

Ok, as a log then. Good idea.

mladen:

An example

First the "_master string" indicator

And the "_slave string" indicator

When you run the "_master string" indicator as a result you will get an empty string that was "passed" to the "slave" indicator. Did anybody actually test the beta at all? Not a single iCustom() call with string parameters will work. Which means that any code depending on such indicators is worthless. And this is just one example of what happens when you try to use just the iCustom() call. If things like these are not correct, what can we expect from stuff that is more complicated?

You already report this bug (or similar) on Russian forum. Why not reporting it to Service Desk if not yet corrected ? It's not on this forum you will get the best chance to be 'visible' by Metaquotes.

ubzen:
Lol.... does a new built come out everyday? I'll go ahead and test this.

Current build is now 557.

angevoyageur: Current build is now 557.

Yeah, no kidding. By the time I get done typing this, it'll be 558.

SDC:

I created two similar indicators in metaeditor 509 I put the ex4's in beta 556 and the Master called the slave and transfered the string parameter correctly to the slave but it was extemely slow, in MT4 509 it loaded in a split second, in MT4 beta 556 the blue circle went round and round for about 30 seconds..

Here are my two indicators if you want to test them.

EDIT: I copied the source code and compiled the two files in metaeditor beta 556 to see if there was any difference. The result was very different. The indicator loaded instantly and worked correctly.

I compiled your codes in Editor5 Built 880. Ran it under beta 556 and 557 and I still cannot see the string.

Ubzen I think you are running the wrong one, you need to run the master indicator so it calls the slave, you are running the slave. Also I made an incorrect report in my EDIT of the last post, I did not run the file I compiled in 556, I ran the 509 compile again by mistake. When I run the 556 compile it loads instantly and works perfectly.

SDC: Ubzen I think you are running the wrong one, you need to run the master indicator so it calls the slave, you are running the slave. Also I made an incorrect report in my EDIT of the last post, I did not run the file I compiled in 556, I ran the 509 compile again by mistake. When I run the 556 compile it loads instantly and works perfectly.
I'm running the master... just checked. Even my own simpler codes do-not work. If I was just running slave, it should alert( slave, 0 ); What version of the Editor are you using?
Reason: