10/(4-1)=3,33

He already said
user_123:

The formula is: 10/(V(a)-V(b))

V(a) = velocity of car A

V(b) = velocity of car b

example car A is 4X faster:

10/(4-1)=3,33

He used the word faster, which means 2x or 4x is the difference. So you don't have to subtract 1 from it. It would directly 10/4

tahseen:

He already said He used the word faster, which means 2x or 4x is the difference. So you don't have to subtract 1 from it. It would directly 10/4

It's incredible how such a simple thing can lead to 5 pages of discussion when the right formula is given on the first page.

I repeat, to calculate the distance traveled by Car b (Db) the right formula is :

Db = 10 * Sb / (Sa - Sb), which can be simplified if Sa = x * Sb to Db = 10 / (x - 1).

With Sa= speed of car a, Sb =speed of car b

If you want to calculate the distance traveled by Car a (Da) as Devries, then simply add 10 : Da = 10 + 10 / (x - 1).

angevoyageur:

It's incredible how such a simple thing can lead to 5 pages of discussion when the right formula is given on the first page.

5 pages of off topic discussion . . .

RaptorUK:

RaptorUK:

Is it possible to get cars driving speedperiods on the moving average line

every tick moving XX bars

RaptorUK:

Its not as off topic as you think, I wanted the forumla for to use in an indicator

Price bar == Car A

Indicator == Car B

I want to plot the exact price when price bar breaks an indicator line. On the historical chart. The history shows the indicator as it was at close. The price is now above the indicator, but at what price did the High[] actually cross the indicator ? Usually a lot lower down than is shown on the history after the price and the indicator continued to rise. I want to find out how much lower so I wrote another buffer to take the indicator value as it is at the open price of the bar. Now I know how much the indicator travels in relation to how much the price bar rises so I can calculate the corrolation and then use that formula to reveal the exact crossover price and put objects there.

I just wrote the question with cars to simplify it. I think that formula is a handy one to know, thanks to angevoyageur. Im sure it could be applied to a lot of things.

I wonder what is x-1. if car A is 2.5 times faster the equation is d/(2.5-1) I am thinking subtracting one reduces car B speed to zero and leaves 1.5 so what is 1.5 ? The absolute someting ?

Reason: