How to move an EA with open trades to a new computer or VPS?

Good morning,

I have some EA's trading but I need to move them to a new computer but using the same account.

The problem is the EA has positions open and it will not close them soon, so I need to know how can I move the EA to the new computer without affecting the current trades. The EA, in the new computer, must keep these trades open and also to close them when the take profit or stop loss is reached.

How can I do that? I am not sure but maybe the Magic Number is the key part here, Im just not sure if it will reconized the existent trades.

Regards,

Pedro

xredburn:

Good morning,

I have some EA's trading but I need to move them to a new computer but using the same account.

The problem is the EA has positions open and it will not close them soon, so I need to know how can I move the EA to the new computer without affecting the current trades. The EA, in the new computer, must keep these trades open and also to close them when the take profit or stop loss is reached.

How can I do that? I am not sure but maybe the Magic Number is the key part here, Im just not sure if it will reconized the existent trades.

If you wrote the code you will know what you need to do, if you didn't write the code then you need to ask the author for specific instructions, for example, does the EA close all it's positions when it closes ? is it coded to recover after a dirty shutdown ?

An EA that can correctly pick up from where it left off will simply need installing on a new Terminal installation and configured as it is on the current terminal, then shut down the current terminal and start the one on the VPS.
Reason: