Shut down EA if two EA:s has the same magic number?

Hi

If i have many EA:s running and i by mistake type in the same magic number on two EA:s,

is it possible to code EA so it detects that another EA has the same magicnumber and then shut down EA.?

pontuso:

Hi

If i have many EA:s running and i by mistake type in the same magic number on two EA:s,

is it possible to code EA so it detects that another EA has the same magicnumber and then shut down EA.?

Why don't you simply give each EA it's own fixed unique MagicNumber and append a digit or two for the timeframe . . . no need to set anything then.

pontuso: If i have many EA:s running and i by mistake type in the same magic number on two EA:s, is it possible to code EA so it detects that another EA has the same magicnumber and then shut down EA.?

Ways I can think of is placing the WindowExpertName in the OrderComment. Saving these linked information into file might also work. But, wow, how many ea's are you running that you cannot keep track manually?

RaptorUK:
Why don't you simply give each EA it's own fixed unique MagicNumber and append a digit or two for the timeframe . . . no need to set anything then.

Ye that's probably the way of doing it.
ubzen:
Ways I can think of is placing the WindowExpertName in the OrderComment. Saving these linked information into file might also work. But, wow, how many ea's are you running that you cannot keep track manually?

Sometimes when you get tierd you might type in wrong! just to be safe =)
Reason: