Range Bars in metatrader

Hello,

I need to back test a strategy involving Range Bars. I already have the mq4 Range Bars code, for MetaTrader 4. Still, I'm having trouble to back test any strategy, since to use Range bars, i must use Offline graphics. Does anyone know how to back test strategies with offline charts, or back test strategies with Range bars...

Thank you

In the first approximation you may try a simple workaround, which converts the offline chart to a regular TF. Either manually or there are some scripts to help you with it ( e. g. backtest_helper.ex4)

Most artificial charts have high degree of signal distortion by definition, so trustworthy of tests results with the above method may be weak. To get a more trustful result you may use the rather tricky Birt's method of replacing the fxt file, which has been discussed here quite often.

I'm having troubles while using the script... I'm running the backtest_helper script and selecting "test" as Test_Server_Name" amd a 0 Spread. Before running it, I'm allowing the DLL imports. This screen appears:

error

Then I click Yes and write "test" in the server of the next window...login

Sometimes MT4 closes, other times does nothing...

Can your help me see where am I wrong?

You are not wrong, you need to close the terminal and start it. If the script does not succeed, then do it by hand. You do not need to clear the login name and password though, it has no effect.

I have done it, but I can't see any kind of test or results information. Would it be terrible annoying to ask you for a step-by-step guide for dumies of how to do the backtest for rangebars???

>

Thank you, very much, I'll check this

Magic. Pure Magic! Big thanks, Ovo.
Reason: