extern and not extern?

Hi just another question,

Lets say i have an EA with.

extern double  Take_Profit               = 10; 
extern string  Friday_Close_Time         = "19:30";
extern bool    Auto_Lot                  = false;
extern int     Max_Orders                = 1;

And i change this to not extern, becuase i dont want to have this options visible.

double  Take_Profit               = 10; 
string  Friday_Close_Time         = "19:30";
bool    Auto_Lot                  = false;
int     Max_Orders                = 1;

Will it work properly?

pontuso:

And i change this to not extern, becuase i dont want to have this options visible.

Will it work properly?

https://book.mql4.com/variables/types

pontuso:

Will it work properly?

If it works properly with the external variables, then it will work properly with global scope variables

GumRai:

If it works properly with the external variables, then it will work properly with global scope variables

Nice =)

deVries 2013.11.11 13:03 #

GumRai:

Unless, of course, it's an Indicator that you are calling from another Indicator or EA, then changing from externs may well mess up your iCustom() calls . . .

GumRai: If it works properly with the external variables, then it will work properly with global scope variables

Agree... it works. I'm not a big fan of passing parameters to functions || indicators || ea.

1st thing I do after downloading any custom indicator is change the externs to globals.

RaptorUK:
Unless, of course, it's an Indicator that you are calling from another Indicator or EA, then changing from externs may well mess up your iCustom() calls . . .

Good point

but in the OP

"Lets say i have an EA with......"

GumRai:

Good point

but in the OP

"Lets say i have an EA with......"

I must have been when I typed my reply

Optimization only works with extern non-bool parameters . . . thats relevant to an EA.

Reason: