About execution speed

Hi i found this article on google

It says "And if you use two or more Expert Advisors, this can increase the delay as MT4 only has one flow, so when the first Expert Advisor sends an order, the other expert advisors wait."

Solution "install two or more MetaTrader 4 terminals with the same account number and password. And use one terminal for one expert advisor."

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

pontuso:

Hi i found this article on google http://blog.iticsoftware.com/2012/03/22/execution-speed.aspx

It says "And if you use two or more Expert Advisors, this can increase the delay as MT4 only has one flow, so when the first Expert Advisor sends an order, the other expert advisors wait."

Solution "install two or more MetaTrader 4 terminals with the same account number and password. And use one terminal for one expert advisor."

The article is already obsolete, there are multiple flows currently.

Exactly how many are "multiple flows"

pontuso:
Exactly how many are "multiple flows"

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143892

2. Terminal: Increased the number of allowed parallel trading operations for MQL4 programs - up to 8 parallel trade requests are allowed now. This ensures uninterrupted simultaneous trading of several scripts or Expert Advisors - it means that it is almost impossible to receive "Trade context is busy" error code in normal conditions.

Thanks Raptor!

2. Terminal: Increased the number of allowed parallel trading operations for MQL4 programs - up to 8 parallel trade requests are allowed now. This ensures uninterrupted simultaneous trading of several scripts or Expert Advisors - it means that it is almost impossible to receive "Trade context is busy" error code in normal conditions.

Just to make sure.

1 trade request is "EA trying to open/close", 1 trade request is not an open position, right?

pontuso:

Just to make sure.

1 trade request is "EA trying to open/close", 1 trade request is not an open position, right?

Correct . . . and it doesn't mean 8 simultaneous trade requests from one EA/Script, to have 8 simultaneous requests you need 8 EAs/Scripts running.

RaptorUK:
Correct . . . and it doesn't mean 8 simultaneous trade requests from one EA/Script, to have 8 simultaneous requests you need 8 EAs/Scripts running.

Nice

But i can still use for example 2 metatraders and i will have 16 parallel trade requests ?

I mean they are not linked in some way ?

pontuso:

Nice

But i can still use for example 2 metatraders and i will have 16 parallel trade requests ?

I mean they are not linked in some way ?

I believe so but there may be restrictions if both terminals are trying to trade the same account.

RaptorUK:
I believe so but there may be restrictions if both terminals are trying to trade the same account.

Do u mean from the broker?

pontuso:

Do u mean from the broker?
Yep.
Reason: