Array resize bug in beta build 530

There is an array resize bug in the new beta build 530.

Let's say that you have the following compiled .ex4 code (i.e. compiled using the old compiler):

string glbTest[];

void init() {}
void deinit() {}

void start()
{
   ArrayResize(glbTest, 1);
   int newsize = (GetTickCount() % 5);
   ArrayResize(glbTest, newsize);
   Print("New size: " , newsize);
}

Initially, this EA works okay in build 530.

However, if you then change the chart symbol or timeframe (causing a reload with unitialize reason #3), the attempts to resize the array give the error "cannot resize the array".

It seems that dynamic arrays with global scope become fixed arrays when an EA is re-initialised because the chart symbol or timeframe is changed.

This may only apply to legacy .ex4 code. The issue does not seem to apply to code which is compiled with the new v530 compiler.

Report your bug to the service desk or email metaQuotes.

ubzen:
Report your bug to the service desk or email metaQuotes.
This forum is full of people - even including moderators - complaining that the service desk never responds. There's more visible evidence of MetaQuotes staff responding to forum posts than to service desk posts. Therefore, no, I'm not going to waste my time submitting feedback via any other route.

cyclops993:
This forum is full of people - even including moderators - complaining that the service desk never responds. There's more visible evidence of MetaQuotes staff responding to forum posts than to service desk posts. Therefore, no, I'm not going to waste my time submitting feedback via any other route.

You are wrong . . . there is more chance of MetaQuotes seeing your bug report via the Service Desk . . . even though the Service Desk can sometime be a waste of effort . . . sometimes they are also very efficient, I think it depends on the difficulty of the task given to them.

My last Service Desk request was completed . . . it did take almost 2 months but there was a valid reason for that.

cyclops993:

And posting on the forum tells other people what's already a "known issue". A private post to the service desk doesn't do that.

(Plus the need to create a second registration, with the mql5 forum, in order to report a problem with MT4.)

cyclops993:

And posting on the forum tells other people what's already a "known issue". A private post to the service desk doesn't do that.

(Plus the need to create a second registration, with the mql5 forum, in order to report a problem with MT4.)

OK, if you don't want to, but at least post in the relevant thread so that MQ might see it.

https://forum.mql4.com/56885/page19

RaptorUK:

OK, if you don't want to, but at least post in the relevant thread so that MQ might see it.

MetaQuotes deleted the relevant thread! The Russian thread https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/147679 still exists, but the English one mysteriously disappeared after about 30 minutes. Think it was https://forum.mql4.com/58771

cyclops993: And posting on the forum tells other people what's already a "known issue". A private post to the service desk doesn't do that.

Well thats why I also included email... Like you, I've seen posts saying this was faster for contacting metaQuotes. I didn't realize your post was only a public notification alert, might be helpful saying that next time. That way, no-own would respond asking you to report_bug to mq. Members should provide feedbacks to metaQuotes, and metaQuotes should be responsive. Thats a vital part of this developer/user forum (imo).

ubzen:

. . . and metaQuotes should be responsive.

They are if you can type and read Russian . . . they obviously don't want any English speaking beta testers . . .

ubzen:

I didn't realize your post was only a public notification alert

Not only a public notification alert; also a public alert. What else is the point of a forum?

If there's no public discussion and notification then the service desk waste time getting the same bug report multiple times, and users waste time diligently investigating and double-checking something which has already been reported.

RaptorUK: They do if you can type and read Russian . . . they obviously don't want any English speaking beta testers . . .

Are you creating these Smiley in photo-shop. !@#$% :). Anyways, (today) I'm the devils advocate, tomorrow I might be the one B!@#$%.

Ps: If it makes anyone feel better..... English_Rules !!!

Reason: