A middle target WINNER EA

Welcome to the jungle!

I've been programming and analyzing expert advisors more than two years. After several courses and webinars I’ve seen many systems that do not make money and practically none makes benefits. This community is great and I would like to know your ideas and opinions to improve my new expert advisor. Let me tell you a little more!

This automatic system is WINNER and I would like to share it with the community, because it has much more potential. In my previous post I was looking for a winning trend system and I found a medium target system, which makes fewer points than a trend system.

I've developed it with Alphadvisor and MetaTrader 4 platform, so I can share the code with those who fellowship.

Technical analysis of the trading system:

Entry rules:

1. A moving average to detect the trend

2. ATR and CCI indicators to filter de volatility

3. 30 pips of Take Profit to take benefits

Close rules:

1. Stop Loss of 90 pips

Test Environment:

Pair

EURUSD

Type

Buy

Timeframe

15 minutes

Start

2000/01/01

End

2012/01/01

Initial funds

10.000$

Lot

Order managment

None

Money managment

None

Analysis of the results:

The system has a Ratio Benefit / Reward of 1:3, which requires hitting over 75% of the operations to be profitable. In this case, the hit rate is 79.34%, which is above 4.34%.

The profit factor is of only 1.25, but it is a winning system. Consider that the average annual operations are 163. So it is normal that the profit factor is not high.

The maximum DD of $ 705 indicates that our maximum loss will be only 4.64% of our capital.

The maximum number of consecutive losses is 4 and the best streak of winning trades is 24. This offers robustness and security in our investment.

The average annual earnings are $ 753, and in the results graph we can see 4 areas of stagnation, one area is of 14 months and the other of 4 months.

As you can see there is no cheat inside, lots are fixed, no orders or monetary management, which implemented could be a profit increase of 70% over.

It would be nice to kown your ideas and opinions to improve entry and close orders.

Thanks!

Regards!!

ecgforex:

It would be nice to kown your ideas and opinions to improve entry and close orders.

It would be nice to know what the rules are, you mentioned only 3 indicators that you use, not even details about how you use them.

You did not even wrote anything about how it works, it is quite hard to say anything, only look through the dozens of different strategies

that use this same 3 indicators.

Obviously I'm not going to tell all of the knowhow by now. But to show a part of the treasure map, the rules are:
1 price above the moving averege plus a small distance
2 Atr and CCI above a level
Then I optimized the EA and the best set is 30 pips of TP and 90 pips of SL
What would you do to let your profits run and cut losses in this case?
Thanks!
Regards!!!

ecgforex:

Obviously I'm not going to tell all of the knowhow by now. But to show a part of the treasure map, the rules are:
Thanks!
Regards!!!

So you intend to sell the EA?

Optimised backtests only mean that the parameters have been adjusted so that they show a profit on historic charts

On live charts, the optimised EA will usually fail

ecgforex:

I don't aksed for all the knowhow but for a minimum information. For example you say "price above moving average", but two total different cases are ma(9) or MA(200).

You don't give away a top secret when you tell if it is a scalper, gridder or trend follower, etc.

Search for general guidelines of improving a strategy. Based on your info I think the most you can get is some hints of using cci, atr as filters.

General guidelines: I think R:R 1:3 (TP 30, SL 90) is a bit too bad, I would try to imporve this to at least 1:1 or even better 3:1.

Besides, how is it that for 12 years there are 0 short positions?

Reason: