Delete Sunday candles

Hi,

I created a simple EA that works on high & lows of candle shift 1 but here in Italy my mt4 make a little candle every sunday night at 11 pm. How can I delete this candle to make my EA work monday without consider the sunday candle? The strin I founded here in documentation doesn't work.

thank you

manolo6868:

Hi,

I created a simple EA that works on high & lows of candle shift 1 but here in Italy my mt4 make a little candle every sunday night at 11 pm. How can I delete this candle to make my EA work monday without consider the sunday candle? The strin I founded here in documentation doesn't work.

thank you

You can't delete it . . . well you can but your Broker will put it back. Make your EA ignore the Sunday data if that s what you want . . .

RaptorUK:
You can't delete it . . . well you can but your Broker will put it back. Make your EA ignore the Sunday data if that s what you want . . .
Yes I want my EA to ignore that, but I don't know how.

manolo6868:

Yes I want my EA to ignore that, but I don't know how.
Please don't type your message in the quote box of the post you are quoting . . .

Did you write the code you are using ? if you did then you should e able to figure out how to ignore the Sunday bars, if not then you will need to learn or pay someone to do it for you.

It's a simple matter to use TimeDayOfWeek to determine whether it is a Sunday candle or not

1. Use broker with server time UTC+2 or higher - No Sunday candle and Monday is 24 hours or smaller (like Fridays.) High enough TZ (Singapore) you get a small Saturday one.
  2. Ignore it
  3. Create you own candles

RaptorUK:
Please don't type your message in the quote box of the post you are quoting . . .

Did you write the code you are using ? if you did then you should e able to figure out how to ignore the Sunday bars, if not then you will need to learn or pay someone to do it for you.

Sorry for quote but I'm not a frequent user of forums.

Yes I did my expert in 2010 with the help of an EA builder very nice and free on web. Doing this i'm learning mql4 code by modifying code lines which some new knoledgment. I succeeded in not allowing to trade in sunday candles setting the distance high/low in pips. When the gap between high and low of D1 candle shift 1 is shorter of 20 or any number of pips you want, the EA doesn't trade. Usually here in italy the sunday candle is very short. My EA also don't use pending orders. Hence i don't need to set any expiry time. If the level is broken the EA send an order at market. Write or learn mql4 by oneself is not easy, i know. I remember some basic code because i learned it on my commodore vic20 in the early '80s. It helps. My goal is reached, i created my personal breackout system and i'm proud of this. It works since 2010 in any TF with any strategy or indicator you want. Only on D1 candles there is the problem of sunday. Now is working on 18 cross 24 hours a day on my iMac. Some year ago i tried also the VPS service, nice. But now finally the mt4 is available on iMac and i like to make experiment experts here in my home.

Thank you

Manuel

manolo6868: Usually here in italy the sunday candle is very short.
Italy is irrelevant. Where your broker's server is located is irrelevant. It is your broker's server's time zone that matters. IBFX is located in Denver (Mountain tz) but uses UTC/GMT.

WHRoeder:
Italy is irrelevant. Where your broker's server is located is irrelevant. It is your broker's server's time zone that matters. IBFX is located in Denver (Mountain tz) but uses UTC/GMT.

Thanks whr. I sure will found a solution. Next step is to use friday high/lows as levels for monday candles.

Hide them using chart objects.

tonny:
Hide them using chart objects.
Reason: