Downloading and printing MQL4 Book. PDF conversion? - page 2

Ubzen,

I read through your last quoted link... maybe there is something here. Will have to read more when I am back on the CSS MTF task. So yeah, thanks.

Now would it have been too difficult for WHRoeder or the guy hiding in his moto-helmet to have collected such links, as opposed to firing blanks? And with less time spent?

Athar.

atharmian:

Ubzen,

I read through your last quoted link... maybe there is something here. Will have to read more when I am back on the CSS MTF task. So yeah, thanks.

Now would it have been too difficult for WHRoeder or the guy hiding in his moto-helmet to have collected such links, as opposed to firing blanks? And with less time spent?

Athar.

What do you think? If you believe it's easy to collect these links, then please, be my guest and collect them. When someone asks such questions, you may direct them toward all the relevant links. Somehow we're probably getting tired of answering the same questions over and over. So instead of us telling someone to Search, you could just redirect them :)

That should make everyone very happy.

ubzen:

What do you think? If you believe it's easy to collect these links, then please, be my guest and collect them. When someone asks such questions, you may direct them toward all the relevant links. Somehow we're probably getting tired of answering the same questions over and over. So instead of us telling someone to Search, you could just redirect them :)

That should make everyone very happy.

Ubzen,

1. Not sure what you mean. I did appreciate your effort. You did this in record time, which,

as I pointed out, could also have been done by those other folks in the same time given their

"expertise" over the years. My point was: they spent more time hitting back. And they could

have been productive, like you have been.

Yes, it takes time.

2. Now, RE: CSS indi MTF problem on other posts, I did many searches and contacted about 12-15 good coders on various forums.

Bottom line is that they too think it was not an easy task, but at least most were helpful. The reason I am hung up on this CSS MTF task (original code from someone else, unluckily) is that I already have half a dashboard with 28 pairs in arrow display. And this CSS code has the same math for the 8 currency pairs in charts, so then I would have a complete dash. I don't care as long as I have consistent methodology (even a basic [new-old]/old plot would do.) The point is a one-screen complete dashboard that does not need flipping charts back and forth. Once such a dash is completed, I certainly have no problems sharing it. This won't be the holy grail- just a convenient tool.

Could I have paid someone to do it for me? Well, I would have to explain a lot to that coder (tried that), and then still not be sure if he did it right, unless of course I understood that level of coding myself. So I decided to learn on my own.

From my experience, it is my considered judgment that most of the problem comes from simply bad documentation and an ancient compiler (not my fault or yours.) But Metaquotes has made tens of millions $ in profits since MQL4 was first released- and they haven't followed up as they should have. Likely, a decent doc/compiler/editor upgrade would cost them less than $100k with most work done in, say, Russia. But they chose to screw their customers just like other monopolies do.

Now, there suddenly are a half-dozen companies smelling blood and coming up with their own, highly sophisticated (i.e., current) platforms that will be back-compatible with MQL4 in many ways. Good for them.

3. FYI, since you have kindly collected helpful links, the original CSS single TF code is here, #2 Currency Strength Slope:

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=629

My aim is to convert it so I can display 4TFs in the same window.

(The current version I have is a bit convoluted since adding EMPTY_VALUES code per SDC, and my own new, crazy idea of using incoming Tick counts to limit recalculations in a j=0 to 3 loop for 4 TFs in the same mql4.)

From what I can see, the calc routines (getSlope, calcTMA, calcCSS) all depend upon iMA and iClose (tf, shift) and thus look independent of the current Period(), so maybe there is no need for iBarshift. Will find out :)

The half dash I talked about above is below, and I want to put the above CSS MTF in a second window below it for a complete display.

Regards,

Athar.

Reason: