Sound alert when signal makes orders

Hello. Does anyone have a method in MetaTrader 4 to play a sound when an order is opened or closed from a signal? I would like to be a alerted when my account makes trades corresponding to the signal I am subscribed to. Can a script be written for this? Thank you.

sandman104:
Hello. Does anyone have a method in MetaTrader 4 to play a sound when an order is opened or closed from a signal? I would like to be a alerted when my account makes trades corresponding to the signal I am subscribed to. Can a script be written for this? Thank you.
Just check the Order pool and PlaySound() when it changes.

Simon Gniadkowski:
Just check the Order pool and PlaySound() when it changes.

I'm wondering this too - I want to be notified via text when my signal opens a new trade. Can this be done? (Not a coder.)

dheart:

I'm wondering this too - I want to be notified via text when my signal opens a new trade. Can this be done? (Not a coder.)

You can send emails and push notifications.

It isn't particularly difficult to do, but you would need some coding knowledge (or be prepared to read up on the old threads and documentation).

As a starting point, you can take a look at:

SendNotification() for push notifications

SendMail() for emails

If you don't want to do it yourself, there are some useful links in this boilerplate answer too:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Welcome,

• Usually people who cannot code do not receive free help on this forum, although it could happen if you are lucky. Be patient.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free).

Good luck. 

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / SendNotification
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / SendNotification
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / SendNotification - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5