(MT4) Does Meta Trader 4 fully compatible with Windows 8 64-bit? - page 3

this was ok in vin xp.

but vin 8 gives error.

guner:

yes I am coder.

my excellent indi,is not working in vin 8

Ok so you have to correct the errors/warnings for your code to compile.

why it was working in vin xp.

there is not error in xp.

how the way to correct it.?

guner:

why it was working in vin xp.

there is not error in xp.

how the way to correct it.?

This has nothing to do with XP or Windows 8 but with the MT4 build you are running.

If you need help to resolve it, please post the relevant code.

broker supply

buid 509 for vin xp

build 604 for vin8

is there a way load build 509 for vin 8 .?

angevoyageur:

This has nothing to do with XP or Windows 8 but with the MT4 build you are running.

If you need help to resolve it, please post the relevant code. I downloaded METATRADER 4 from FXOpen and don't now which build it is. I installed it on a new folder C:/META4 as it was recommended to avoid UAC that prevents saving archives into de program file directory. I copied several templates and indicators to the corresponding files in META4 directory but when I opened the Terminal those templates and indicators are not shown in the Navigator panel. I am not the developer of the .ex4 indicators so I cannot compile them in Windows 8. Is there any recommendation here or should I just forget Windows 8 and install Windows Vista or something else on my new laptop? thks for your help. Thks for any help.

I am having problems with META4 on Windows 8 as well.

I downloaded METATRADER 4 from FXOpen and don't now which build it is. I installed it on a new folder C:/META4 as it was recommended to avoid UAC that prevents saving archives into de program file directory. I copied several templates and indicators to the corresponding files in META4 directory but when I opened the Terminal those templates and indicators are not shown in the Navigator panel. I am not the developer of the .ex4 indicators so I cannot compile them in Windows 8. Is there any recommendation here or should I just forget Windows 8 and install Windows Vista or something else on my new laptop? thks for your help. Thks for any help.

Justhavingfun:

I downloaded METATRADER 4 from FXOpen and don't now which build it is. I installed it on a new folder C:/META4 as it was recommended to avoid UAC that prevents saving archives into de program file directory. I copied several templates and indicators to the corresponding files in META4 directory but when I opened the Terminal those templates and indicators are not shown in the Navigator panel. I am not the developer of the .ex4 indicators so I cannot compile them in Windows 8. Is there any recommendation here or should I just forget Windows 8 and install Windows Vista or something else on my new laptop? thks for your help. Thks for any help.

Use Menu File -> Open data folder, your data have to be copied there, in the appropriate folder. For example indicators must be in MQL4/Indicators.

See this article Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher

i have problem, help me please, i need MT4 for windows 8.1 64-bit

Reason: