Improve mt4 order execution time

I read an interesting post on the web:

"MetaTrader 4 works on a 30 second session length - That is when there has been no trading activity for 30 seconds the "session" times out. Outside of this time any communication with the Server from the same IP address needs to be re-authenticated ie: Go through the Login/Password verification process. This authenticating takes about 500 ms (however this value varies considerable from broker to broker, from as little as 200 ms to as much as almost 2 seconds with some brokers).

When a trade is placed within 30 seconds since the last server contact the process is:
MT4 Client >>>>MT4 Server>>>>ECN

Outside of the this 30 seconds because of the re-authentication measure the process is now:
MT4 Client >>> MT4 Server >> MT4 Server Password Database >>>Authentication>>>ECN

The increased steps is where the latency lies - This is common across all MT4 Brokers."

Is it true for mt4 brokers or is it just a hoax?

Thanks!

False.

The server sends keep alive messages to keep the connection open. When they stop the terminal times out (my broker timeout is about a minute) it trys to reconnect.

The communication has nothing to do with trading activity.

What happens between the server and ECN is unknown by us clients.

If you continuously send orders to the server, you'll get error 8

The Observation is true IMO - Trading Sessions time out after 30 seconds) although the initial explanation is "slightly" wrong. All that was observed was the time to create a new socket between the MT4 Client and the MT4 Server.

In this context (ie order execution time), there are no keep-alives sent along this socket to my knowledge, the client closes it down after 30 seconds inactivity. So I disagree with WHRoeder here. However I do agree that this is nothing to do with what happens beyond the MT4 Server.

Bolyhos, Read this thread - Question: how MQL4 works

[ Edit - just for clarification - this thread title and the information you found on the web is all about trading activity so maybe WHRoder is thinking of something else? ]

Reason: