Last Line in File - page 2

BenLinus:

Just found out there is a bug in my original function and I couldn't track it down. It sometimes returns things that are not even in the file.

I wanted to try simpler code but it didn't work out as well :( .

shouldn't this work:

According to the doc on FileReadString you have to specify the length of the string you want to read.

szgy74:

how do you open the file? what is the FileOpen() code?

int init()
{
        TotalSymbols = StoreSymbols(SymbolArray);

for(int i =0; i< TotalSymbols; i++){                    //for each symbol

for(int PeriodIndex=0; PeriodIndex< ArraySize(Periods) ; PeriodIndex++ ){       

string s[6] = {"1m ", "5m ","15m","1h","1d","1w"};
                        s[PeriodIndex]= SymbolArray[i] + " " + s[PeriodIndex];

FileNames[PeriodIndex] = "CHART DATA - " + AccountCompany()+ "\\ " + StringSubstr(SymbolArray[i],0,6) + FileNameEnds[PeriodIndex] ;      

int Handle  = FileOpen(FileNames[PeriodIndex] , FILE_CSV|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE, "\t");
                        string LastTickString = GetLastLine(Handle);

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                        ///DEBUGGING

if (StringLen(LastTickString)<44) {     
                                Print(s[PeriodIndex], ": LastTickString is too short. LastTickString = " ,  LastTickString );
                                //       return(1);
                        }
                        ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//                      Print(s[PeriodIndex], ": LastTickstring= ",LastTickString);

FileClose(Handle);
                }
        }  
        return(0);
}         

I wrote this code just to test the function.

szgy74:

According to the doc on FileReadString you have to specify the length of the string you want to read.

FileReadString( int handle, int length=0)

Also, the doc has an example with no length specified. From what I've tried, it just reads till the end of line.

Actually, I just retested my first code with only one file. It seems to work with no issues. But, when use it for all my files like above, it starts to misbehave.
Reason: