Can't access my ex4 file

Fellow developers,

Can one of you help me, my problem is:

Using MQL4---After compiling my indicator, the mq4 file or the ex4 file is not in the “Indicators” folder. But I can still access my Indicator when I use “MetaEditor” <i.e. when I try to access its source code>, the icon beside the mq4 file here has the image of a lock on top of the mq4 file icon, does this mean that my ex4 file is hidden/locked from me?

Please someone help me, I need to access my “ex4” file??? I want to see my mq4 file’s ex4 file, pls help?

Please contact me through email: vh67.dsaint@gmail.com

l061vh:

Fellow developers,

Using MQL4---After compiling my indicator, the mq4 file or the ex4 file is not in the “Indicators” folder. But I can still access my Indicator when I use “MetaEditor” <i.e. when I try to access its source code>, the icon beside the mq4 file here has the image of a lock on top of the mq4 file icon, does this mean that my ex4 file is hidden/locked from me?

Please someone help me, I need to access my “ex4” file??? I want to see my mq4 file’s ex4 file, pls help?

Publishing your email address on a public forum is a silly thing to do . . . enjoy the SPAM you will get.

Is the mq4 file compiling without any errors ?

Do a search on UAC, it's not a good idea to install MT4 in any of the Program Files directories, instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\Broker_name\

l061vh:

Fellow developers,

Please contact me through email: vh67.dsaint@gmail.com

Can you post your code, so we can test it ?

Google " Removing locks on files in Windows 7 "

RaptorUK:

Publishing your email address on a public forum is a silly thing to do . . . enjoy the SPAM you will get.

Is the mq4 file compiling without any errors ?

Do a search on UAC, it's not a good idea to install MT4 in any of the Program Files directories, instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\Broker_name\

Thanks for your advice RaptorUK now I can access my ex4 files by changing my installation directories. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

And also one thing:

I’ve been testing for my EA & custom Indicator to communicate, below is my latest “Tester EA” interfacing with my Indicator:

int start()

{

double Timer, Resist_Pr;

Timer = 60*Period() - TimeSeconds(Time[0]); //---General Timer depending on period selected from the "chart timeframe"...

Print("Timer is now: ", Timer);

if(RefreshRates()){

Resist_Pr = iCustom(NULL,0,"Resist_Price_Test",30,0,0);

Print("Resist_Pr is now:", Resist_Pr);

}

return(0);

}

double iCustom(

string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

I don’t really understand the 4th parameter < the one to do with the passed parameters> & the 6th one to do with “shift”. The param 30 passed as the 4th param stands for “extern int BarsInvolved” in the calculation.

PLEASE help me out on this I want to make my EA communicate with my “Custom Indicator”.

l061vh:

Thanks for your advice RaptorUK now I can access my ex4 files by changing my installation directories. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

And also one thing:

I’ve been testing for my EA & custom Indicator to communicate, below is my latest “Tester EA” interfacing with my Indicator:

<CODE REMOVED>

double iCustom(

string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

I don’t really understand the 4th parameter < the one to do with the passed parameters> & the 6th one to do with “shift”. The param 30 passed as the 4th param stands for “extern int BarsInvolved” in the calculation.

PLEASE help me out on this I want to make my EA communicate with my “Custom Indicator”.

Please edit your post . . . please use the SRC button to post code: How to use the SRC button.

l061vh:

Please, after editing your post . . . read this thread: Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum and this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/146490
Reason: