testing stopped midway

Hi!

I am new to MT4 EA's and am in the midst of backtesting a strategy. It ran over a period of two months data and then the testing stopped midway as the MT4 terminal was closed unexpectedly. Is there any way to retrieve the result logs of the testing done so far. I tried the log files on the experts folder but there seems to be none captured.

Thanks,

Curious:

Hi!

I am new to MT4 EA's and am in the midst of backtesting a strategy. It ran over a period of two months data and then the testing stopped midway as the MT4 terminal was closed unexpectedly. Is there any way to retrieve the result logs of the testing done so far. I tried the log files on the experts folder but there seems to be none captured.

Try the log files in the tester directory . . . experts is for EAs, Scripts and Indicators running in Live/Demo

RaptorUK:
Try the log files in the tester directory . . . experts is for EAs, Scripts and Indicators running in Live/Demo

Hi RaptorUK,

I did try the tester directory as well, but no data was captured...

Thanks,

Curious:

Hi RaptorUK,

I did try the tester directory as well, but no data was captured...

Thanks,

Is your PC in a well maintained state ? how old is it ? when did you last clean the CPU heatsink and fan ? when you use the Strategy Tester your CPU will be running warm if not hot . . . 2 month Strategy Test run should only take a few minutes, just re-run it again . . . unless it was an Optimization run ?

RaptorUK:
Is your PC in a well maintained state ? how old is it ? when did you last clean the CPU heatsink and fan ? when you use the Strategy Tester your CPU will be running warm if not hot . . . 2 month Strategy Test run should only take a few minutes, just re-run it again . . . unless it was an Optimization run ?

Hi RaptorUK,

My PC is in good condition. There is no issue there. The strategy test is for eight month data.. starting Jan this year to date. It is run on a 15mt chart. After two months of data being tested (This took about 1day of running, definetely more than the few minutes you are talking about), i faced this issue. It was not an optimization run.

Thanks,

Curious:

Hi RaptorUK,

My PC is in good condition. There is no issue there. The strategy test is for eight month data.. starting Jan this year to date. It is run on a 15mt chart. After two months of data being tested (This took about 1day of running, definetely more than the few minutes you are talking about), i faced this issue. It was not an optimization run.

Thanks,

You probably need to optimize the code of your EA, read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144240
Reason: