2 quick questions

1) Is there any way to modify the display icons of mq4 or ex4 files ? It would be nice to add custom icons to them.

2) I need a list of default indicators built in in mt4 which work on shift 0, aka at the current bar, since most of them only give accurate return's on the previous bar, shift 1.

I would think that most indicators work on the current bar, it's just that they will be constantly changing. because until the bar is closed, it is not calculating with the bar's completed OHLC

Proximus:

2) I need a list of default indicators built in in mt4 which work on shift 0, aka at the current bar, since most of them only give accurate return's on the previous bar, shift 1.

most of them work on shift 0, for example when applied price is PRICE_OPEN and no changing element (eg. volume) is involved in the calculation.

The icon is embedded, the only way to change it is by hacking the file.

SDC:

The icon is embedded, the only way to change it is by hacking the file.

What do you mean by hacking ? They are my files, i created them.

GumRai:
I would think that most indicators work on the current bar, it's just that they will be constantly changing. because until the bar is closed, it is not calculating with the bar's completed OHLC
I don't mean by that that they don't work, it's just that some give crazy values at the current bar.Like for example ADX i know for a fact that is a crap when you plot it on the current bar.If let's say you plot it in bar[1] then it calculates based on the Close[1] value of used with PRICE_CLOSE, but if plotted on bar [0] it should use the open or the current price since the bar isnt closed yet, and if the previous ADX value was like 50, this one should give also values near to that (unless a huge spike distorts our value), but instead it will give crazy values like 160 or 250 which would never been given in normal conditions, so there are crazy indicators like that too, thats why i need a list which one work and which doesnt.Ty.

Proximus:

1) Is there any way to modify the display icons of mq4 or ex4 files ? It would be nice to add custom icons to them.

1. which ICONS ? displayed where ? in file manager ? in the MT4 Navigator ? the ones in file manager is set by Windows as an association with MetaEditor for the mq4 file and MT4 for the ex4 file, you can't change them individually.

RaptorUK:

1. which ICONS ? displayed where ? in file manager ? in the MT4 Navigator ? the ones in file manager is set by Windows as an association with MetaEditor for the mq4 file and MT4 for the ex4 file, you can't change them individually.
Yes the display icon in folders or on desktop, not the one inside metatrader.The current icon for a ex4 file looks like a sheet of paper while for a mq4 is a sheet of paper with a yellow exclamation mark in the middle.Is there any way to change that to something custom, drawn by me in photoshop as a .ico file or whatever?
Reason: