The fastest way to open a position?

Hi!

I was just wondering if there is a way to assign a button to the buy market order and another to the sell market order?
I just think that it may help me spare an additional 0.5 second in comparison with the One Click Trading solution, which is superb but can it be any faster?
The problem happens during news trading when i wait for the announcement and try to exploit the slight delay between an STP and a Dealing Desk broker's price quotation and if i put my mouse button on the buy and the price turns to go the other way i have to move the cursor on the sell button and click on it. It can add +0.5 sec.

Thanks for your help!

bolyhos:
Hi!

I was just wondering if there is a way to assign a button to the buy market order and another to the sell market order?
I just think that it may help me spare an additional 0.5 second in comparison with the One Click Trading solution, which is superb but can it be any faster?
The problem happens during news trading when i wait for the announcement and try to exploit the slight delay between an STP and a Dealing Desk broker's price quotation and if i put my mouse button on the buy and the price turns to go the other way i have to move the cursor on the sell button and click on it. It can add +0.5 sec.

Thanks for your help!
Create 2 scripts, one for buy one for sell, assign hotkeys to each. Done.

bolyhos: i have to move the cursor on the sell button and click on it. It can add +0.5 sec.
Create two pending orders at the prices you intend to open. Create a script to close the other pending order once one triggers (OCO)

leave the cursor already on the one click trading button then get ready to hit that mouse.

First of all, thanks for your comments.
RaptorUK's sounds the best and the fastest.
Regarding WHRoeder's: I already wrote an EA with pending orders for news trading, just the way you described but the "compulsory distance" between the market price and the pending order's takes away a chunk of the profit or not being triggered because the slippage etc.
SDC: I have been doing it till now. I just figured that if you push the mouse button and don't release it your order doesn't open. When you release it, it will open. It can save + 0.1-0.2 sec. :-D

So, definitely the script looks the ever achievable fastest way for it. I suppose. :-)

bolyhos: but the "compulsory distance" between the market price and the pending order's takes away a chunk of the profit or not being triggered because the slippage etc.

MarketInfo(market.pair, MODE_STOPLEVEL) is usually 30 points (3 pips) or smaller. What's yours?

There is no slippage with pending orders. They become market orders when triggered.

It is 4 pips in the case of EUR/USD.
It just crossed through my mind that the EA was operating with market orders but it didn't work well because of the gaps and volatile price quotes.

So, there is no chance to set slippage with pending orders?
If the price don't touch the defined price than it won't be triggered no matter what?

bolyhos:

It is 4 pips in the case of EUR/USD.

So, there is no chance to set slippage with pending orders?

If the price don't touch the defined price than it won't be triggered no matter what?
  1. Are you sure it 4 pips and not 4 points? Are you using a 4 digit broker or 5? There are cheaper brokers.
  2. A pending order is sitting on the brokers server. How can there be slippage? Slippage is a change in the brokers price after it is sent over the network to the terminal and EA calculation time and order sent back to the broker.
  3. What do you think the pending order's price is for?

bolyhos:

It can add +0.5 sec.

It can save + 0.1-0.2 sec. :-D

Some high frequency trading ! May I give you an advice to change your strategy a bit. Forget the seconds trade for hours and stay away from the news.

WHRoeder:
  1. Are you sure it 4 pips and not 4 points? Are you using a 4 digit broker or 5? There are cheaper brokers.
  2. A pending order is sitting on the brokers server. How can there be slippage? Slippage is a change in the brokers price after it is sent over the network to the terminal and EA calculation time and order sent back to the broker.
  3. What do you think the pending order's price is for?

There is slippage on Pending Orders ! Just place a Buy Stop and Sell Stop before NFP number on first Friday of the month and you will see. :) Any gap in prices through the pending order's price will cause slippage. There will be no slippage on the Limit orders though :). Just like with SL and TP. There is never slippage on TP, and quite often on SL in the fast market, since TP is a limit, and SL is a stop order.

pro_:

There is slippage on Pending Orders ! Just place a Buy Stop and Sell Stop before NFP number on first Friday of the month and you will see. :) Any gap in prices through the pending order's price will cause slippage. There will be no slippage on the Limit orders though :). Just like with SL and TP. There is never slippage on TP, and quite often on SL in the fast market, since TP is a limit, and SL is a stop order.
  1. A gap is not slippage by definition.
  2. "There is never slippage on TP" in the tester.
  3. TP is a stop not a limit.
Reason: