Making an EA that can view portions of charts as we can see them

Hey guys, I want to make an EA that can view area on charts and recognize different color changes within my indicators, without using code from my indicators. Is this possible?

Make an extra buffer in the indicator to reflect the status of the indicator.

I'm sorry. I'm new to this coding for metatrader. I don't think I can get any source code of the indicators themselves, but is it possible to screen monitor for colors in a certain area?

bkhan:
I'm sorry. I'm new to this coding for metatrader. I don't think I can get any source code of the indicators themselves, but is it possible to screen monitor for colors in a certain area?

You can get access to the Indicators buffers using iCustom() please read the documentation and read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138577

If your Indicator uses Objects instead of buffers than you can read the position and colour of the Objects. Object Functions

Hmm...after looking at iCustom, looks as if I can only get one variable from my indicator? What if my indicator displays different colors, and bands?

bkhan: after looking at iCustom, looks as if I can only get one variable from my indicator?
What is the second from the last argument in iCustom?

mode? I can't figure out what that means. Guys I don't really know how to code with MetaTrader now but I want to learn to program my own EA. I have java experience. Where do I start?

bkhan:
mode? I can't figure out what that means. Guys I don't really know how to code with MetaTrader now but I want to learn to program my own EA. I have java experience. Where do I start?

The Book.

Mode is the Indicator buffer . . . did you read the thread I gave a link to ? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138577 " this is what iCustom facilitates. No changes are needed to the Indicators . . . . the EA simply accesses the buffers it needs at the shift values it needs."

It means which buffer you want. Which you would have known has you bothered to read all of RaptorUK's link

WHRoeder:
It means which buffer you want. Which you would have known has you bothered to read all of RaptorUK's link
Tonight seems to be a bad night, is it a full Moon ?

Morons to the left of me, idiots to the right, stuck in the middle with you! We're in trouble now. ;)
Reason: