MT4 Settings keep dissapearing

I have the latest update to MT4. My broker is IBFX and they are useless in helping me. I have windows 8. After the last update, when I completely close MT4 I lose all my settings. What I mean is when I open MT$ from being closed down I have to click on "view" and toolbars and get all my toolbars back in place. I have to do this also for the "terminal" "Navigator" "Market Watch" and so on. I have 1.5 TB of hard drive 32GB Ram. Right now as I am writing this MT4 has turned all white, giving me a message that the program is not responding.

Can you please help me with this?

Craig Weaver

jcvmw:

I have the latest update to MT4. My broker is IBFX and they are useless in helping me. I have windows 8. After the last update, when I completely close MT4 I lose all my settings. What I mean is when I open MT$ from being closed down I have to click on "view" and toolbars and get all my toolbars back in place. I have to do this also for the "terminal" "Navigator" "Market Watch" and so on. I have 1.5 TB of hard drive 32GB Ram. Right now as I am writing this MT4 has turned all white, giving me a message that the program is not responding.

Try pressing F11 a few times . . .

Did you do a default install? Try reinstalling outside of any standard 'Program Files' folder? eg c:/MT/ Windows Security can play havoc with programs that write to their own install area instead of the registry?

jcvmw: MT4 has turned all white, giving me a message that the program is not responding.

Mt4 has to load all your normal charts with all your initial bars (max bars on chart). Too large a value results is paging and the 'not responding' message on Win7. Reduce Max Bars On Chart to something reasonable Like 5000. Close Mt4 and wait at least a minute while your charts are written to disk in the background and restart.