find indicator window with multiple indicators

Hi,

I would like to know how can I find an indicator window with mql4 where more than one indicator is attached, like on the screenshot below.

There is 3 different RSI in one subwindiw, but WindowFind() does not work for "RSI(14)" and "RSI(21)".

Thanks.

szgy74: There is 3 different RSI in one subwindiw, but WindowFind() does not work for "RSI(14)" and "RSI(21)".
  1. Did you try "RSI(7)" I.e. the first indicator in the subwindow.
  2. "does not work" is meaningless - there are no mind readers here. Does WindowFind() return a -1, does it crash mt4?

WHRoeder:
  1. Did you try "RSI(7)" I.e. the first indicator in the subwindow.

The problem is not finding the first indicator but the others. this is why I mentioned only the others.

I found no way to know if there is an indicator on the chart (subwindow) attached as second, third, etc.
WHRoeder:

1. "does not work" is meaningless - there are no mind readers here. Does WindowFind() return a -1, does it crash mt4?

"does not work" means it does not give the expected result, it is -1 for everything but the first.

there are no mind readers here - how do you know that, are you a mind reader? :-)

My former boss told me a good programmer has to be a mind-reader. he has to find out what the user wants instead of the user.

He was right, this saved me a lot of time and trouble. I think it is not too hard for someone who knows the environment he is working with

and the usual questions, problems in that environment. Sometimes try to find out what the question may be, or probably should be,

would be, in the end you may become a mind-reader too :-)

It is no problem if you don't know or don't answer the question, don't feel you have to.

Nope, I tried that.

Instead attaching 1 RSI and drag n drop the other 2, I guess you just have to create 1 single CI showing 3 RSI lines.

onewithzachy:

Nope, I tried that.

Instead attaching 1 RSI and drag n drop the other 2, I guess you just have to create 1 single CI showing 3 RSI lines.

I am interested how did you get that result? I attached a simple EA to the chart which prints the WindowFind("RSI(14)"); etc. values.

The RSI was only an example, the point was I try to find out if an indicator (of any kind) is attached on the n.th place anywhere.

Just like the user attaches the indicators he wants and then the EA which analyzes those indicators data.

I would be glad if I could have a list from mq4 about the indicators attached, just like the one I see when I press CTRL + I .

Probably I will write a recursive template file analyzer on /profiles/*.chr files, this seems to be the only way in MT4, like with symbols.

Reason: