offline charts for range bar frames

hello, i've been working on a TI that write hist files as range bars.

the first version works fairly well but i came across a problem in build509 that didn't arise in previous builds (i think).

i was aiming to have a profile with pairs colecting data and building hist files acordingly, in previous builds i seleted the option to enable EA ( wich included TI ) when profile changed and the TI would run on the background. Within another profile i would open the offline line chart desired and the refresh function on the TI keept feding the offline chart like a charme, this way i could have in each profile (pair) several range bar frames in diferent charts.

with this build509 the option to enable EA exclude the TI and Scripts and when i leave the profile with the TI i can see that it was uninited by reason1 (Expert removed from chart.), this was anoying but ok there must be a reason for this step back.

I tried to circumvent the problem by coding the TI as EA, it still works well enough and once the options for EA allows enabling/disabling when profile change i thought i had the problem solved and could carry on the development of my ideia.

i marked "Enable Expert Advisors" and unmarked the "Disable experts when the profile has been changed".

to my surprise, when i leave the profile with the EA i can see that it was uninited by reason4 (Chart closed). If i return to the profile the EA is reinitiaited and resumes is function.

i supose this is a bug that u will solve in future builds?

could u please clarify

SellSu:

i marked "Enable Expert Advisors" and unmarked the "Disable experts when the profile has been changed".

to my surprise, when i leave the profile with the EA i can see that it was uninited by reason4 (Chart closed). If i return to the profile the EA is reinitiaited and resumes is function.

i supose this is a bug that u will solve in future builds?

could u please clarify

If you want the EA to continue running don't close the chart by changing the profile . . .

RaptorUK:
If you want the EA to continue running don't close the chart by changing the profile . . .

then what is the sense, or purpose, of having an option for "Disable experts when the profile has been changed" if they are disabled by default when u change profile.

this does not make sense and ur answer is not acceptable. u're just pushing it forward with ur belly.

could u please clarify, or maybe send this question to someone capable of clarify.

SellSu:

then what is the sense, or purpose, of having an option for "Disable experts when the profile has been changed" if they are disabled by default when u change profile.

So that when you re-load the Profile they do not automatically restart . . . it makes complete sense.

Did you read the MT4 Help ? I guess not . . .

• Disable experts when the profile has been changed
    A large amount of information about the current settings of all charts in the workspace is stored in profiles. Particularly, profiles contain information about experts attached. Experts included into the profile will start working when a new tick incomes. Having enabled this option, one can hinder the experts launching when the profile has been changed.

RaptorUK:

So that when you re-load the Profile they do not automatically restart . . . it makes complete sense.

Did you read the MT4 Help ? I guess not . . .

• Disable experts when the profile has been changed
    A large amount of information about the current settings of all charts in the workspace is stored in profiles. Particularly, profiles contain information about experts attached. Experts included into the profile will start working when a new tick incomes. Having enabled this option, one can hinder the experts launching when the profile has been changed.

my apologies, and offer of a peace pipe.

my judjment was tampered by my necessities and goals.

this is a very good platform and i like it very much, but...

so what i want is only achievble by bundle a lot of charts in one profile and work around that mess as best as posssible.

question: did u understood want i wanted in the first place?

have u any sugestion to implement it with success? e.g. is there any way to keep track of the tick flow in the background without the use of EA TI or scripts. ah! ys! maybe DDE...

thnkx for all.

SellSu:

my apologies, and offer of a peace pipe.

my judjment was tampered by my necessities and goals.

this is a very good platform and i like it very much, but...

so what i want is only achievble by bundle a lot of charts in one profile and work around that mess as best as posssible.

question: did u understood want i wanted in the first place?

Are you trying to collect tick data ? there are some things you need to be aware of if yo are . . .

RaptorUK:
Are you trying to collect tick data ? there are some things you need to be aware of if yo are . . .

yes i am.

could u elaborate on what to be aware?

thnkx

SellSu:

yes i am.

could u elaborate on what to be aware?

You cannot collect all ticks, you will miss some. If you count ticks as your start() function is triggered and zero the count at the start of each bar you will find that your count does not equal Volume[0], when there is a difference it is because you have missed a tick or several ticks . . . so it is most likely impossible to capture all ticks. The question is what do you do when you find you have missed tick(s) ?

RaptorUK:
You cannot collect all ticks, you will miss some. If you count ticks as your start() function is triggered and zero the count at the start of each bar you will find that your count does not equal Volume[0], when there is a difference it is because you have missed a tick or several ticks . . . so it is most likely impossible to capture all ticks. The question is what do you do when you find you have missed tick(s) ?

interesting point, still it is afordavble to lose somme ticks (i think).

i think i've found a siplle way to go around my posted problemms.

i'm now testing the thing and i'll be back for code subission one of these days.

mmaybe u can a look at it and give me soe hints in how to immprove it. it will be most welcome.

ti'll then ... thankx for all.

SellSu:

interesting point, still it is afordavble to lose somme ticks (i think).

i think i've found a siplle way to go around my posted problemms.

i'm now testing the thing and i'll be back for code subission one of these days.

mmaybe u can a look at it and give me soe hints in how to immprove it. it will be most welcome.

ti'll then ... thankx for all.

Sure, happy to help if I can.
Reason: