OrderOpenPrice()

Does OrderOpenPrice() return the original Ask price of a Buy order and the Bid price of a Sell order or does it just return the Bid price at the time the order was filled ?

SDC:

Does OrderOpenPrice() return the original Ask price of a Buy order and the Bid price of a Sell order or does it just return the Bid price at the time the order was filled ?

It returns the price at which the Order was opened, an OP_BUY is opened at Ask, an OP_SELL at Bid . . .

Check the order type to know wether the open price was bid or ask.

SDC:

If you mean the moment you did OrderSend() No, we have Slippage

OrderOpenPrice() returns the price at which the order was filled

I know what the order type is, and slippage does not come into it.

I need to do a calculation in my EA. For that calculation I need to know if OrderOpenPrice() will return the Ask price at the time a Buy order was opened and the Bid price at the time a sell order was opened or does it always just use the Bid price like the terminal does.

RaptorUK2013.07.29 22:00#

SDC:

It returns the price at which the Order was opened, an OP_BUY is opened at Ask, an OP_SELL at Bid . . .

Thanks Raptor thats what I wanted to know

Something is wrong with the text editor in this forum

Reason: