Closing out half lots. - page 11

DomGilberto: C) Not sure what difference this makes?

Same as A). If the TP is zero you haven't done the first close. Set the TP and then do partial close.

Ok - I am getting pretty close to getting this grounded (just been writing down things I need to fix / how / and logic applied)

One area I am struggling with is how I check every single tick ONCE the OP_BUYSTOP has been triggered into an OP_BUY. I am for the time being going to continue with slapping one trade in and doing partial closes - purely on the basis that I am confident I have nearly done it?

I've really appreciated the contribution on this thread - it's massively helped me understand a lot :) so thanks again for your time!!

DomGilberto:
Ok - I am getting pretty close to getting this grounded (just been writing down things I need to fix / how / and logic applied)

One area I am struggling with is how I check every single tick ONCE the OP_BUYSTOP has been triggered into an OP_BUY.

You can't, you have to check every tick to see if the OP_BUYSTOP has triggered to an OP_BUY . . . but what you can do is check if you have any OP_BUYs, if you don't then you can simply return(0); and avoid the rest of the code.

Does that help ?

Hold on, so I cannot check every tick? I'm wanting to make sure the partial close is closed as soon as the bid is == to the price I want it to? At the moment it is closing if Bid == the exit price on an hourly basis - which you spotted out with "IfIsNewCandle"? Meaning it's a really funny and strange way of closing it...

Lets say my "OP_BUYSTOP" has triggered into a "OP_BUY", can I then check every tick so that my OrderClose() function will close at my desired price AS SOON as the bid is == to the exit price specified?

DomGilberto:

Lets say my "OP_BUYSTOP" has triggered into a "OP_BUY", can I then check every tick so that my OrderClose() function will close at my desired price AS SOON as the bid is == to the exit price specified?
Yes, you MUST check every tick . . . but what I was saying is that you don't need to do everything for each tick . . . you said "how I check every single tick ONCE the OP_BUYSTOP has been triggered into an OP_BUY." what I meant is that you can't only check on every tick ONCE the OP_BUYSTOP becomes an OP_BUY, you have to check if this has happened on every tick.

Ah, yup I got you - my mistake. Read what you wrote wrong.

I don't know how to do that. Can you point me in the right direction?

DomGilberto:
Ah, yup I got you - my mistake. Read what you wrote wrong.

I don't know how to do that. Can you point me in the right direction?
Just a simple loop, like you already have, looping through the open orders and checking the OrderType() . . . there may be little advantage, in terms of performance, in adding this to your code, without checking I can't say for sure.

Sorry, what I meant was, is there an in-built function within MQL4 that I need to use, in order to check every tick?

DomGilberto:
Sorry, what I meant was, is there an in-built function within MQL4 that I need to use, in order to check every tick?
Nope, start() is called every tick . . . but currently you only call CheckForMaTrade() when there is a new candle ( IsNewCandle() ) you need to do it for every tick.

Ah yea - got it! I think I know how to do it it - back to playing now :)
Reason: