EA: An order is placed at the opening price of the next candle stick (not immediately in the current candle stick)

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question about something which I couldn't find an answer for after spending ages googling.

I've used Expert Advisor Builder to make an EA that automatically places a buy/sell order. The problem is, even though all the indicators are satisfied, an order is not placed immediately but only after a candlestick fully forms; this will delay my entry and if it is a volatile market, what was supposed to be a profit (if done manually by entering immediately after realising on the signal) will turn into a loss.

I've played around with changing shift  from 0 -> 1 -> 2. Also played around with applied price from closed -> open, but didn't work.

I am sure that some of you here have experienced a similar problem in the past.

Jerry 

Jerry314:

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question about something which I couldn't find an answer for after spending ages googling.

I've used Expert Advisor Builder to make an EA 

EA Builder creates bad code . . . if you want to create code you should learn to code:  Book

RaptorUK:
EA Builder creates bad code . . . if you want to create code you should learn to code:  Book

Thanks Raptor for your quick response.

I thought so too - thank you now I can stop wasting my time trying to see whether I missed something in the EA Builder.

I will do as you have advised and start to learn coding bit by bit. In the meantime, I will do trading manually.

Cheers! 

Reason: