Download MetaTrader 5

How can I get the actual price of each Fibo level ?

To add comments, please log in or register
stitchtrader
stitchtrader  
Hi everyone,

When we creat Fibonacci Retracement manually on chart, we can get its level value(50%, 100% etc) as below.

Then how is it possilbe to get the actual price of each level value ? 

Thank you X :-)

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long& lparam,
                  const double& dparam,
                  const string& sparam
                  )
 {
  if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CREATE)
   {
    double levelvalue0 = ObjectGetDouble(0,sparam,OBJPROP_LEVELVALUE,0);
    double levelvalue1 = ObjectGetDouble(0,sparam,OBJPROP_LEVELVALUE,1);
   }
 }

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Good question Thinking
stitchtrader
stitchtrader  
angevoyageur:
Good question

Hi Alain, how have you been! :)

I first tried to get the 0% and 100% price and time but I couldn't get the 0%(=second anchor) one.

datetime time0 = ObjectGetInteger(0,sparam,OBJPROP_TIME,0);
datetime time1 = ObjectGetInteger(0,sparam,OBJPROP_TIME,1);     // -> incorrect value
double  price0 = ObjectGetDouble(0,sparam,OBJPROP_PRICE,0);
double  price1 = ObjectGetDouble(0,sparam,OBJPROP_PRICE,1);     // -> incorrect value
Print("time0=",time0," levelvalue=",levelvalue," price0=",price0," price1=",price1);

I have no idea what to do :(

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
stitchtrader:
Hi everyone,

When we creat Fibonacci Retracement manually on chart, we can get its level value(50%, 100% etc) as below.

Then how is it possilbe to get the actual price of each level value ? 

You can't.  You get the price of the 0% level,  you get the price of the 100% level and when you want the price of the 27.45% level you calculate it using the prices from the 0% and 100% levels.
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
stitchtrader:

Hi Alain, how have you been! :)

I first tried to get the 0% and 100% price and time but I couldn't get the 0%(=second anchor) one.

I have no idea what to do :(

It works just fine . . .  the attached is a script,  draw a Fib on your chart,  run the script and enter the Fib name.

Files:
stitchtrader
stitchtrader  
RaptorUK:

It works just fine . . .  the attached is a script,  draw a Fib on your chart,  run the script and enter the Fib name.

Hi Simon,

You are right ! Your script works fine.

Thank you so much.

Have a nice Sunday :)

Don Lupo
Don Lupo  
RaptorUK:
You can't.  You get the price of the 0% level,  you get the price of the 100% level and when you want the price of the 27.45% level you calculate it using the prices from the 0% and 100% levels.

When you are adding the Fib's manually, indeed it is possible to show the fib-levels AND the inherent price of it.

E.g. if you want to see the price level of the 38.2%-retracement, then add a level in the properties with the parameter 0.382 and

add in the description row 38.2 [%$]  --> The result will be 38.2 [1.35660] on the fibo line.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
DonLupo:

When you are adding the Fib's manually, indeed it is possible to show the fib-levels AND the inherent price of it.

E.g. if you want to see the price level of the 38.2%-retracement, then add a level in the properties with the parameter 0.382 and

add in the description row 38.2 [%$]  --> The result will be 38.2 [1.35660] on the fibo line.

The question was how to get the price of the levels programmatically . . . the answer is you cannot,  they have to be calculated. 
parham.trader
parham.trader  
What about getting the actual time on the Time Fibonacci objects -Vertical Fibo- ?
To add comments, please log in or register