Changing TF internally

Hi

Is it possible to change the TF of the chart using an EA?

If so, can someone please guide me how do I go about.

Thanks.

richo:

Hi

Why would you need to ?  the EA doesn't need to "see" the chart and it can get prices, etc.  from other timeframes if it is coded with this need in mind . . .

richo:

Hi

Thanks.

Yes it's possible with WinAPI, but is it really needed ?

Whats TF?

alladir:
Whats TF?

TimeFrame.

RaptorUK:
Why would you need to ?  the EA doesn't need to "see" the chart and it can get prices, etc.  from other timeframes if it is coded with this need in mind . . .

I have an indicator which generates auto trend lines.  I am changing the time frames manually (frequently)  to find out whether the lines are in synchronization with other time frames.  I thought if it can be done by an EA. :)

Thanks for your reply.

richo:

I have an indicator which generates auto trend lines.  I am changing the time frames manually (frequently)  to find out whether the lines are in synchronization with other time frames.  I thought if it can be done by an EA. :)

There are certain function which are used in Custom Indicators,  these cannot be used in Scripts and EAs.  You could consider opening more than one chart for the chosen Symbol or showing the trend lines for more than one timeframe on the same chart.
Reason: